Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

...the most motivating skiing film to date....?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...may have been posted here before...but it's SO good...

good to have a film which shows respect for the hill
good to see pain au chocolat
good to see la grave again
good to think that, once day, we might have real snow again...

tim
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and here it is:

http://www.zapiks.com/a-skier-s-journey-la-grave-1.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome, I would love to go to la Grave.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some very good rushes, very well editted. Class film.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Loved it. Thanks for posting. Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
An excellent watch, thank you very much indeed. It is really nice to see something with an intelligent purposeful narrative, and an enjoyable sound track (for me.)

None of the usual dull heavy rock, predictable and boring usage of 'stoked', 'awesome', 'gnarly', 'ripped', 'pow', 'dude', and ski pant crutches around your ankles etc.. yawn, yawn.

Reflects to me what skiing can be about.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JayDub wrote:
an intelligent purposeful narrative

Just sounded massively cheesey for the most part IMO.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fair enough.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
valais2
Great film.
Next year, I think, will be the year for La Grave...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
el nombre, +1 for the narrative
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
el nombre, ...blimey there's no pleasing some people...but maybe you'd like this instead...

http://youtube.com/v/9yoimPL66qo
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
valais2, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm quite easily pleased really. I just thought lines such as "being here feels like coming back to old friends" and "the mountain speaks to you and she'll tell you when you're doing something wrong right away" just sounded cheesey. It's my opinion (that's why i stuck IMO at the end), i realise not everyones going to agree.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
el nombre, ...see where you're coming from on that - thought the 'old friends' was OK, since when I turn the corner at Martigny and see the big hills it's the feeling I always get...but attributing a (female) persona to mountains is indeed a bit much, but some people do think that way. Overall though, I just feel that this series of films is a hell of lot better than much of the stuff which gets churned out to a rather tired formula. The Teddy Bear Crisis outtakes are quite something ... and apparently the crew went home from the filming with a LOT of broken bones.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ta very much valais2.

A refreshing change from the usual "Gnarly Dudin' ".

Always a sucker for a bit of mountain mysticism and why not? Given enough beer, I'll even argue it's all too true.

This'll help see me through a long flatland summer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy