Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crikey, would you bother?

Poster: A snowHead
Photo just taken from Flegere's webcam.

First I can't believe that the resort is open in that state. Second I can't believe people are out on it.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skullie Skiing on mud = dedication
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
still looks better than the view from my office window......
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pitiful, welcome to the future of European skiing Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

welcome to the future of European skiing

davidof, you are whitegold and I claim my £5.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm sure the Lac Blanc refuge will be nice for sunbathing
yes I am clutching at straws
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That makes me feel much better skiing my local hill at the moment, 20+ degrees this afternoon.

Planai, Schladming, 1900 - 750m still skiable, just. Actually snow pretty good from around 1400m
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
pitiful, welcome to the future of European skiing, in April, when it's been warm Sad
Yup!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep, I went to Canada for the late season stuff this year Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I see La Rosiere have removed the 2 resort level webcams from their site rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bob, I've been to Canada (BC) mid winter and had plenty of rain top to bottom for days on end. Can have rubbish weather anywhere at least around here the snow making is very extensive so we've still plenty of piste skiing, don't get me wrong I'd much rather fresh powder everyday. Will come next week!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Where are the so-called Global Warming Brigade now, eh!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos wrote:
That makes me feel much better skiing my local hill at the moment, 20+ degrees this afternoon.

Planai, Schladming, 1900 - 750m still skiable, just. Actually snow pretty good from around 1400m

Scotland could learn a lot from Austria's piste management when the weather warms up.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
La Nina year. Can lead to a poor late season in Europe..
latest report
Quote:
Scotland could learn a lot from Austria's piste management when the weather warms up.

I'd hazard a guess that if Schladming's slopes had endured four or five inches of rain lashing into them by mild, storm force winds onto pistes whose bases hadn't been bulldozed out and made flat to secure their smooth base, they might be looking a bit sorrier too.

Bl00dy spoilsport environmentalists, they're nearly as bad as the so-called global warming brigade wink
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

And there was thinking it was just me that thought whitegold was a coc wink
snow conditions
Whitegold, do they have a machine to turn the wind off? Laughing

Before you say it, no trees are not going to work - well not on the mountain. What should be noted about the above photo is the extent to which snow making can extend skiable snow below the natural snowline. If you can't take the trees up the mountain, take the snow down the mountain to the trees.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Embarassed - at least Flegere has some snow on the runs
ski holidays
Winterhighland, 650 snow cannons on just 2 hills in the photo above. It's a serious lump of infrastructure
ski holidays
My local mountain only has a snow depth of about 6m at the moment Sad
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I see La Rosiere have removed the 2 resort level webcams from their site rolling eyes

Purely because they don't want to embarass other resorts with the fact that they're getting 30cm top ups every night and a constant daytime temperature of 4 C. Oh and no wind. Its a special microclimate isn't it.
ski holidays
stuarth wrote:
My local mountain only has a snow depth of about 6m at the moment Sad
Mad
snow report
Val Thorens looks OK so far for the EOSB ( http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/val_thorens/interface.php?pk_interface=316&m=images&r=panoramique#depart = Cime de Carron) but there are a couple of weeks to go yet.
snow conditions
this one still seems to be working at La Ros and showing snow back to base....

ski holidays
bar shaker, that's just one webcam, and at what altitude? If you looked at Bas des Pistes here you'd assume we were closed, but I've just spent all afternoon on planty of snow between 2100 and 3400.
ski holidays
it's wednesday and I've been ridin the desk all day, of course I'd bother!
snow report
Here in Serre overheard people saying what a great week they've had - you can still ski to the bottom (1400m) and further up the hill it's good.

As for me I've been walking up the South side up to the Col de Granon (shagged knee) but you can still enjoy the mountains - more here on the blog
http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/weekfiveblog.html

Ciao
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I've just spent all afternoon on planty of snow between 2100 and 3400.

but Flegere doesn't go up anything like that high - about 2500? and is on the sunny side of the valley. I've only spent one day at Flegere - but that's nearer the top than the bottom, I'd guess.
latest report
There's something depressing about seeing the thing you love in this state. These webcams are akin to snuff movies to Snowheads. I'll wait until the new season before I look at another webcam again and in the meantime hold dear to the memory of deep fresh powder under foot. Then let optimism for another great season rain, oops sorry, I meant reign Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ&feature=related
snow report
It's the end of the season. Spring is in the air, temperatures are going up and plants are growing again. It's the natural order of things. Yes it's not been the best year for snowfall so hardly surprising that there are bare patches. Roll on next season.
snow report
Lizzard, The webcam is on the roof of the building where the cable car comes up from resort level. It's at 1894m. Top station at Flegere is 2398m. This morning, the muddy snow in the picture has been pisted!

Brevent looks even worse, albeit that it is slightly higher at 2000m.
ski holidays
Oh dear - off to Zermatt tomorrow. Anyone out there at the moment ? What's it like ? The webcams seem OK and most lifts and pists seem open
snow conditions
Interestingly, when I checked out the forecast for Les Arcs on Snow Forecast one of the "Eyeball" reports yesterday said something along the lines of "been touring around Flegere today, good fun and conditions". Which made me laugh having just seen that photo.
ski holidays
hammerite, that may be because they were touring, rather than skiing on piste?
snow conditions
Everebody always takes the mick out of this place but, and i'm sure you'll agree, its looking a little better than the alps at the moment Twisted Evil
http://andorrawebcams.andorramania.com/grauroig.php
snow report
hammerite, sounds unlikely, but if touring from Flegere you go up to that ridge in the photo, then ski down the other side (which is N facing, rather than the S facing slope we can see), and then maybe another climb up S facing slopes and more skiing down N facing slopes. So not impossible.

Edit: Having said that, I've skied in Chamonix in late April and even early May several times, and never seen it that bare even then.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 8-04-11 21:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
bar shaker wrote:
Photo just taken from Flegere's webcam.

First I can't believe that the resort is open in that state. Second I can't believe people are out on it.

Yuck!

Wouldn't wreck the bases of my skis on that crap. Would rather be sitting in the bar, frankly. That's pretty much the worst 'skiable' conditions I've seen, and I've been in Alpe D'Huez in April one year when the afternoons were literally waterskiing.
snow report
Quote:

its looking a little better than the alps at the moment
The hysteria continues rolling eyes. The whole of the Alps written off when places like Tignes and Val T still have lots of decent snow and loads of runs open....Anyway, I don't have a problem skiing snow covered pistes through grassy meadows, as per Schladming pics. Skiing is skiing - soft snow, hard snow, powder, grass peeping through, heather hopping Shocked....All better than not skiing at all! Bring it on!
Quote:
Roll on next season.
1. Or tomorrow! Cairngorm still open, decent forecast, so we're off there (See heather hopping quote above - but no, it'll be better than that! Very Happy.) 2. Or Royal Wedding weekend - Off to Tignes.
latest report
mountainaddict wrote:
The hysteria continues . The whole of the Alps written off when places like Tignes and Val T still have lots of decent snow and loads of runs open....

And so have lots of resorts in Italy & Austria too with topups on the way. Smile

mountainaddict wrote:
Skiing is skiing - soft snow, hard snow, powder, grass peeping through, heather hopping Shocked....All better than not skiing at all! Bring it on!

And far more interesting to ski on than flattering corduroy or basher packed powder. The stuff up top on the Flegeres webcam reminded me of Glencoe. wink

mountainaddict wrote:
Or Royal Wedding weekend - Off to Tignes.

Great move & perfect timing Laughing and you might still get back to find more freshies or perfect spring snow in Scotland. Little Angel

I'm off to the high Tyrol for a week's skiing tomorrow but even without that, it's already seemed like a long & near perfect season to me. snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy