Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Championships Meribel 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been following these?? I am not sure when they were but can anyone say how they went?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
results here

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.html?event_id=29449&cal_suchsector=AL
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward, thank you!! That was very quick!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayC, from what I have heard, the conditions were tough and a huge congratulations to all the participants AND the ESF for getting on with it, I heard some days racing was in +20 degrees??? Shocked Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Children's Super-G cancelled today ... sun melted 20cm apparently during last 24 hours or so

Oliver was a forerunner for the Minis today
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

sun melted 20cm apparently during last 24 hours or so

Shocked Can believe that - the speed of current deterioration is much faster than anything I've seen in the last ten seasons and with many places forecast little or no overnight freeze for the next week it's just going to accelerate. The stations which have already closed early will just be the first of a long list. Sad Must have been very, very, disappointing for those kids and everybody who had worked to organise the championships.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Patch, good luck to him !!

Hemel Ski Race Club with a podium in the CH1 girls SL nice one Yaz!! plus Anna H in a respectable 11th

Dan P 4th in the Super G CH1 boys
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More Hemel members with podiums in the Juniors and Seniors -

Rachelle Rogers - 1st J1 and 5 overall in the NJC slalom

Sam Fairbairn - 2nd Brit and 2nd J2 in the NJC slalom

Matt Thompson: 1st in Junior dh
1st non team in dh
1st under 18 in dh
2nd in senior dh
3rd in senior sc
1st under 18 in sc
2nd junior in super g
3rd junior in sl
2nd overall in senior champs
1st under 18 overall in senior champs
1st overall non team member in senior champs
1st overall in junior champs
1st overall junior 2
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More Hemel members with podiums in the Juniors and Seniors -

Rachelle Rogers - 1st J1 and 5 overall in the NJC slalom

Sam Fairbairn - 2nd Brit and 2nd J2 in the NJC slalom

Matt Thompson: 1st in Junior dh
1st non team in dh
1st under 18 in dh
2nd in senior dh
3rd in senior sc
1st under 18 in sc
2nd junior in super g
3rd junior in sl
2nd overall in senior champs
1st under 18 overall in senior champs
1st overall non team member in senior champs
1st overall in junior champs
1st overall junior 2
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Philbo, any minis there from Hemel?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm not sure. Not been up at the minis but will check the results after tomorrow's race
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Philbo, great performance from Matt there, as well as from Rachelle and Sam - well done to all three (and to you!)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well done to all. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TJ Baldwin (son of snowhead) dominated the British Senior champs in the men.
He won the Senior Downhill, Super G, Super Combined & Overall Combined; and was 2nd in the Slalom. Only equipment failure in the GS (rear binding ripping out of plate in the turn!) denied him at least a podium in that too.
Was also given the Victor Ludorum trophy for the best skier (male or female) at champs so 5 titles from 7 with a runner up too.
He's a Norfolk Snowsports club skier! Just blowing his trumpet!

The conditions were very varied throughout that week going from pretty icy for the Downhill training to rain for the Super Combi Slalom run to almost +20c for the GS. Organisers etc did a great job to only loose the Jun DH from the programme and the Girls Jun GS.

Well done to all racers for some great racing and coping with such varied conditions.
The men's GS on the full Europa Cup course finishing down the Stade certainly sorted the men from the boys and tested their fitness to the full!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
my grandchildren race so I have been following it a bit, they are always on about how TJ will be the next big hope for TeamGBR, sounds like he had a great tournament!
Out of interest is there a reason why the championships are held at Meribel so late in the season?
snow report
rayC, All the National Championships are held around the same time, it allows the top level racers from each country to take part.

Meribel did a really good job with the snow, I was only there on the middle Friday but the slalom courses were in good condition. My only complaint is the cost of training there for those kids not doing every race.
snow report
rjs, where were you hiding.... i left that saturday... got to agree re the cost of everythign in meribel.... no cheap/free coaches passes if your athletes had bought a weeks pass or in one case when two athletes had a season pass and the coach had to pay full price or close to it.... so much for making it accessible

snow was well looked after on the course....you didn't want to be more than a couple of feet off line though, i took my skis off 1/2 way down the stade on saturday and sunk upto my knees in sludge
latest report
rjs, thanks for that.Seems like a very long season for them as some are racing in the Southern Hemisphere in the Autumn then launched into European racing, thats 7 months of competeing until they reach their National Championships, I bet many have peaked or burnt out by then.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy