Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Other things to do in VT?

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx, yes, I know, but it remains the case that it's a cheap end of season deal which makes it a great reason to have a Bash then and as for having it there, a coffee or a beer may be more expensive than in Austria and Italy but VT will have better snow than practically any resort in Austria or Italy (many of which, like most French resorts, will already be closed). If someone is prepared to self cater etc there's no need to spend silly money. He's nit-picking.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We can't have a list without assigning an apporpriate amount of Gnar points to each task.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulfaz wrote:
A drop in temp forecast next week and er....snow! snowHead we'll be fine!!!

It seems my orders are getting through. Unfortunately controlling the weather has to go through at least 4 levels of European sign-off before I can get conditions I want in any given place. Plus getting the 145 weather gods (source Wikipedia, but as Official Weather Monkey - OBE Pending - I naturally know all of them personally) to agree to a particular type of weather at any given time is rather difficult before we can apply for sign-off. Apologies for the delay, I understand a few of you have got a bit panicky. But we have a majority for cooler weather and precipitation next week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good work Monium Weather Monkey, keep it up. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are 145 weather gods? You learn something new every day!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Noooo, I'm not nit-picking. We're talking about whether VT is cheap (it isn't) not whether there'll be any snow or not (there probably will).
It's expensive - I've been a few times so that I know - but not too expensive to stop me going.
As for self-catering, pffft, I do that at home.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tarquin, You can cook? Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Schuss in Boots, Eye lass, got a pinny and everything Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tarquin, This thread is useless without pictures... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Monium, keep up the good work. I'm ignoring all other info apart from your positive ramblings updates
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tarquin, looks like you might have got the last word wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tarquin, being able to produce a decent brew does NOT qualify as COOKING wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Piccadilly wrote:
There are 145 weather gods? You learn something new every day!

Would you like me to list them for you? Somehow the Mysterious Weather Monkey has not been included in the list, but as it is Wikipedia I can just go in and edit the hell out of it. So it's actually 146.

Of course, it is worth bearing in mind that if the weather doesn't do what I want, I turn into Evil Monkey. This is an actual picture of me pointing at the pistes from the top of the Cime Caron lift.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

without any snow

it won't be without any snow, jannypan! Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jannypan, Have you actually read this thread? There is snow - there will be snow, the only doubt is that the quality of it is questionable at this point - although it may be perfectly fine. And all this is quite apart from the fact that Monium, is on the case. wink

Now, could we quit with the negativity and scare mongering please? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, methinks he is a spammer and his post is about to go.
snow conditions
I AM THE WEATHER MONKEY, AND I WILL DELIVER! BOW DOWN BEFORE ME CLOUDS OF DOOM, AND SNOW LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER SNOWED BEFORE!

Weather forecast at 2772m looking rather sensible for the next few days, from Snowmailalert (or other dump reports, never thought I could write "dump reports" without laughing, but it seems I can):

Tuesday (12th) afternoon - Minus 2 to minus 5. Snow and a bit of sun.
Tue night - Minus 6 to 7, snow.
Wed daytime - Minus 2 to 7, sun.
Wed night - Minus 6 to 7, snow.
Thu daytime - Minus 5 to 7, bit of snow.
Thu night - Minus 8 to 10, snow.
Fri daytime - Minus 5, snow and sun.

If that comes true, we are in for a lovely week of snow, sunshine and glorious loveliness, starting next weekend.

There's also some snow forecast up to next Thursday (21st) which is as far as the forecast goes, and temperatures look entirely reasonable, never getting above zero.

If it is true and you get what I have requested, you lot need to be very grateful, because I think I've used up all the Weather Monkey powers, and now feel like this:

I can be revived through liberal quantities of beer, taken orally.
ski holidays
Monium, all hail the weather monkey Very Happy
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
Monium, all hail the weather monkey Very Happy

We'll have a bit less hailing, and a bit more going to the bar and reviving the Weather Monkey from his weathering exploits snowHead
ski holidays
Monium, I do so hope you are correct. Smile
The latest forecast i've seen 'differs' slightly, in that although it may be colder for the next few days, there will be little, if any, snow and then the warmer temps return....... Sad
Doom, gloom........ wink
My journey to the SFaB in VT, is just about to commence, going via Essex and then a Friday overnight in Albertville.
ski holidays
BMF_Skier, I think the forecast is fairly similar - my forecast is showing snow, but only a centimetre or two on each occasion. At least the colder temps will avoid any more thawing of what's there. Gut feeling is we have no problem with snow and skiable pistes in VT. We won't be there for another week after you, and I remain confident. If the lower temps continue, you never know when a bit of unexpected precipitation might just help things along.
snow report
Monium, I'm seriously impressed... you deserve a beer! Very Happy snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
Let the wigglies guide you - not snowridiculousalert.com.

This thread is well named - accept your fate and plan a spring holiday in the Mountains, some skiing, some hiking, perhaps the occasional drink...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy