Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What poles ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just checking over my gear and have found a dent and a small crack in my one and only Scott poles which I have had for years , they were just the right weight and felt great , but are now destined for the scrap yard, can't find the model any more so looking for suggestions for a new set , they will need to be for 50/50 piste and off piste skiing
So what's hot Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Keep using 'em 'til they actually break, then buy something cheap. If you're into touring, the Black Diamond Traverse poles are bomber at a fairly sensible price.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Neilski, I like the carbon / glass poles. Just over £30, strong as hell, Rossignol or Kerma Scorpions... my old poles lasted 7 years of hard abuse and only got wrecked due to excessive banging on boots to free snow from the soles. I snapped the tip when I missed and hit a buckle Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hated the feel of the carbon/glass mix poles... a fairly expensive mistake to make.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Neilski, ...I do like Scott series 2 and series 3 - excellent poles and last for years (and a few re-bends back to straight). But for different conditions there are some american carbon poles - lifelink - which have heavy handles but very light shafts, and turn into a 2.5 metre avalanche probe. They are adjustable in length, which is really good for different days of on and off piste, steep and not. Dead strong - I lend them to friends and they have had quite a few big 'events' and no damage yet. I got mine on ebay for next to nothing - missing basket and tip on one ski. So poured boiling water onto the remaining tip to remove it - then replaced it with two Leki walking pole tips which then take a small screw-on basket for on-piste and a large powder basket for off piste messing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
scotia, Shows how different folk prefer different feels. I found the carbon poles to feel lighter and more flickable than the alloys whe nI tried them. Quite liked the Rossi alloy Bandits though. Plus they have cool graphics Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cheers for the suggestions, will see what is in the end of season sales, when out in tignes at end of month , should be some bargins to choose from Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Neilski wrote:
when out in tignes at end of month , should be some bargins to choose from Cool

Perhaps better to be had in the UK, French resort shop owners not known for their aggressive discounting policy while there's still tourists who may be fleeced (and presumably not many people are that clued up to recognise a pole as "last year's model").
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I use K2 Lockjaws if you want something for use off piste I think they are brill. Very quick and easy to adjust length for traversing/hiking. More solid than I was expecting too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, Thanks for the advice , picked up a new pair , half price in the freeze pro sale yesterday after a failed attempt to straighten mine , which only made things worse Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Get poles that aren't so valuable that you feel you have to take them into restaurants with you. Unless that's what you really like doing.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles, At £20 I think I should be ok Madeye-Smiley , do folk really take their poles in to eat with them Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I always take my poles into the restaurant, it is just too tempting for the sticky fingered brigade seeing a nice pair of poles outside a cafe , especially if you make it easy for them by punching them into the snow just ready tio be grabbed! Never understood that one.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy