Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're driving to Tignes in just under 2 weeks & although we've stayed there before it's not a resort we've driven to. We're staying in Le Lac & I believe the only parking there is the paid car parks. I've 2 main questions if anyone can help us out:
1) Is it possible/feasible/sensible to park in a lower part of Tignes where the parking is free & then get a bus up to Le Lac?
2) If we have to park in the paid parking is it wise to book in advance or just turn up on the day?
Anyone help/advice really appreciated - thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We're based in Tignes les Boisses.
All the long term public parking in Tignes le Lac/Lavachet/Val Claret is in the paid car parks.

Definitely possible, feasible, sensible and free to park lower down.
You can park in Tignes 1800 (lower part of Tignes les Boisses) for free in a couple of signed car parks.
There is the free resort bus stop opposite which runs on a strict timetable.

Also free to park in 2 car parks in Tignes les Brevieres. Just drive down and then either ski back over or get the chair up (free for pedestrians) and get the bus from the upper
level of Tignes les Boisses.

The bus takes you to Tignes le Lac only.

Can't see that there will be a problem finding a space in the free car parks this late in the season.

You can park for free for 2 hours in all of the paid car parks and your ticket will let you out. If you're sneaky you could
pop out and then back in again
On Saturdays, there is also a bit of leeway given for unloading your car opposite your accommodation etc.

Have fun.

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, slowboarder, that's exactly the info I wanted to know Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy