Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's been your AHA! moment this season...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Buzzsaw - get thee to Tamworth and the Midland Telemark Club!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flyingstantoni - I am a member of the Midland Tele club! Should hopefully be at the next session!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be up sometime in May - do say hello. Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I perfected the high speed launch out of both skis with a forward flip landing flat on my back - well good Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

good tip on jump turns on steep slopes that i got a few years back is that you don't really need to jump "up" very much - you can jump "out" (ie away from the slope) a little and because the slope drops away from under you, you get enough air under your skis to get em round

True. The other thing is to foucus on bringing the tails towards your back bottom. Given the slope, you can afford the tips to be lower and tipping your skis down the mountain allows you to get more clearance for the same hop height (if you see what I mean).

Think the double pressure thing on the uphill ski is the difference between a pedal turn and a jump turn? Pedal turn jump off the uphil ski, jump turn off both/more of the downhill ski?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Intermediate
Piste only

AHA - Skiing Moguls at easter and not falling over !!

After freezing on a mogul run at Christmas, completely forgetting how to ski !!
I vowed to try to ski moguls.
I did some research on here and thought I understood.
At Easter we went high up into Val Thorens, up to the red run Col where there was a long field of moguls.
I watched for a while, saw a line that I thought would work and slowly put my research into practice.
I found I could run down the field and travers across the piste to find better snow & cleaner line.
Whilst my son beat me down, I really felt I had acheived a great relavation and found for the rest of the week none of the moguls or deep slush at the end of the day proved problematic at all - really chuffed.
Whilst some of this must be attributed to the Atomic Beta 5's I was skiing on, they did make a great difference.
But hey I am impressed.... Laughing Laughing

Noisey
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy