Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kitzbuel nearby resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello some advice needed. going to kitzbuhel and schladming next year. i believe st johann is close by . however ive heard the resort is al little too tuned for begineers and nightlife is quiet. can anyone suggust nearby resorts ( hour by train , bus) that have good red black runs but a fair amount for begineers and lively nightlife? thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kitz has good nightlife and links to Westendorf for easy skiing - get the bus from Pengelstein to Ski-Welt about a 2 minute ride.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nothing wrong with the night life in kitz pass thurn is just down the road mostly reds and the bus goes there its a lovely little place for skiing no one but the locals ski there its higher than kitz so the snow is often better for powder go up the valley to mittersail but both resorts are very quiet so party in kitz
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
KURWA100, Kitzbuhel is brilliant for nightlife and other than really difficult black runs, has pistes to suit all. Nearby resorts include SkiWelt (easily accessed via Aschau/Westendorf), St Johann, Waidring, Fieberbrunn and Niederau (very good for beginners).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kitz already booked out!!!as is schladming.thats why looking at nearby resorts.thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No way is all the accom in Kitz booked already.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
KURWA100 wrote:
Kitz already booked out!!!as is schladming.thats why looking at nearby resorts.thanks
Errrrr, no. They are thinking about summer season and won't bother much with winter bookings until autumn. You have loads of time. I normally book direct in Kitzbuhel with maybe days to spare.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KURWA100, as Bode Swiller, says, they probably have not opened their books yet for next year! You will have plenty of choice close to the departure date! Enjoy the trip and welcome to snowHead s
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley, Bode Swiller, I think you will find that many hotels in Schladming and Kitzbühel are already booked up for the weeks that KURWA100 is talking about. I'm assuming they mean the week/weeks involving the World Cup races. Many Austrians and Germans are very faithful to their favourite hotels and make the bookings for the next season as they pay for the current holiday, if not earlier. You may well find that some have their booking permanently open. It is very different over here as we have no need to use tour operators as our first choice of options. I bet some race teams have block booked rooms at some of the better hotels for years in advance! wink

Depending on when exactly KURWA100 wants to go they may have some luck on the Tourist Office sites by simply selecting the details of hotels fitting their needs and then contacting them in person. Places like the Alte Post in Schladming's main drag could well be full already. The same goes for a lot of the top hotels within spitting distance of the Hahnnenkahn in Kitz.

KURWA100, for Schladming - look at areas away from the Planai hill - there will be lots to choose from. Alternatively why not look at going to the Altenmarkt/Radstadt area and use taxis to get to the Schladming Night Slalom. We did that last year and had a blast. The taxi cost us 50 Euros I think - split 4 ways that was a good price for such a fun evening.

For Kitzbühel, St Johann in Tirol is a good base for your beginners and intermediates and the nightlife is not as quiet as some maintain. You could look at Kirchberg bei Kitzbühel, again some good apres places and within easy distance of the Kitz nightlife as well. The uplift into the main Kitz system is way better in my opinion from Kirchberg. But then I always drive to the resort to ski and the parking is way easier at the Fleckalmbahn!

Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Samerberg Sue, You may well be right if your assumption of the week is correct! Doubt that all hotels in Kitzbuhel are sold out for the entire season, so they may not have opened their books yet! Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
THANKS.spend an hour looking at bookings for schlad and kitz , all booked up for the likely date of last sunday and tuesday for the world cup. wasnt surprised as 50000 is a huge crowd for such a small place. really dont want to be leaving it a few weeks to go as therese 12 of us going and me organizing everything!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
KURWA100, There is a snowhead called FLANGESAX who runs a Pension (B&B plus) in Radstadt who might be able to help with the Night slalom race.

I found a hotel easily in Altenmarkt for the week of the Night Slalom as did another snowHead. I rang up and booked at 2 days notice. so there are places out there but you need to think laterally.

Are you Europe or UK based? Choosing a central location and then using private (hired?) and/or public transport is another good way of making sure you get affordable accommodation and good skiing for everyone. Watching the Kitz race on the Saturday and the Schladming race on the Tuesday evening of the same week means either changing location mid-week or compromising on some of your criteria.

On the race days you will need to be in situ very early if you want to have good views, unless you get tickets to the stands in the finish area. They go on sale relatively early and are snapped up very quickly. Even friends who live locally could not get them this year.

Good hunting!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy