Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR : Steep Vanoise Touring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last week I spent based in Bozel on the offpisteskiing.com "Steep Vanoise Tours". This was meant to be a trip with several nights in Mountain Huts - but the inclement weather and high freezing levels put paid to that...It snowed on 6 of 7 days and inbetween the clouds we managed a few pics Little Angel

Luckily we had Val Thorens etc up the road to give us access to some high terrain and avoid the mush...

First day hiking up to Little Valdez

offpisteskiing about to drop in to little Valdez, nothing better than a rock peppered couloir in a blizzard! It certainly lived up to its namesake!!

Jim getting deep in Little Valdez

Second day Jack gets loose above Mottaret.

Me on the Mt vallon Steeps

Day 3 started with lovely blue skies so we headed off the back of Courchevel 1650 in search of the untracked
passing Aiguille de Fruit

Arriving in the cirque. the north east face of the Chanrossa being the objective
(lookers right in the big bowl, slightly obscured by the ridgline in the sun)

Unfortunately no pics of the run down ( which was great and untracked) as the weather was closing in and I wanted to hit it top to bottom !

It ended up snowing a fair bit that night but the rain snow/limit was pretty high, so we headed up to the Glacier de peclet.
First few runs were super deep but you couldn't see much

Then it started to clear teasing us with blue holes

Amanda

And then it just got epic....

Again day 5 started sunny then went greybird
snuck in a few runs down the Glacier de Bouchet before lunch and some beacon search practice

Day 6 was the highlight of my season
as seen in this TR
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=75711

Just like to say a big thank you to Simon offpisteskiing for getting us onto some really good terrain in very difficult weather and avi conditions.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 5-04-11 13:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fantastic
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
given the season and lack of snow I'd just like to say.

YOU LUCKY So and So.....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hey, I thought there was no snow in France
that looks like lots of fun; all the pow probably helped you feel not too bad about missing out on smelly huts Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
looks dreadful wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy