Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountainsun Tignes, Les Melezes in 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Boredsurfing, why are you so grumpy?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oops, forgot the wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, snowHeads has a perfectly good area called snowEvents, which up until now, contains threads regarding the arrangements for the various holidays which Graham Admin arranges.
G. Admin has made an effort to ensure threads are moved to snowEvents when they appear in other areas. It would appear that this policy has now changed and any thread on any subject can appear anywhere under any heading. It's a shame but I fear a return to the old days when multiple threads appeared in all areas of the site.
Achilles was a campaigner to ensure to ensure each subject appeared (or was moved to) its correct subject heading, but as he is now one of the admin team he apperas to have to abide by another set of rules.
The ignore function may as well be removed now as well. Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, oh, right. Personally I couldn't give a monkey's where a thread is, since I read by 'posts since last visit', and if I don't like the look of a thread title I don't read the thread. Planning on going on a Mountainsun holiday, were you? Thought not, so why did you open the thread?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, Not at all hence my point in keeping holiday planning tittle tattle in snowEvents, which you guessed it, I have selected to be ignored.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, your grumpiness is needed over on the EoSB thread; a major love-in going on over there wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, this thread is not about a bash though, it is about the Mountainsun trips, or that was it's original purpose. snowEvents is for official trips, and I am sure there will be a thread there in due course.
Hurtle, maybe we should set the Chuckle sisters on him wink?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Boredsurfing, your grumpiness is needed over on the EoSB thread; a major love-in going on over there wink

Can't find it, it's on my extensive ignore list
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells,
Quote:

maybe we should set the Chuckle sisters on him
excellent idea wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing wrote:
......Achilles was a campaigner to ensure to ensure each subject appeared (or was moved to) its correct subject heading, but as he is now one of the admin team he apperas to have to abide by another set of rules.
The ignore function may as well be removed now as well. Sad

Ooo! achilles the turncoat! Well, I was given a lot of buttons by admin not to make sweeping changes to the way the site is run, but so that I could help with some events stuff. He has suggested I might like to help the Piste Patrol - but that ain't the same thing as making my own policy changes. FWIW, I still would prefer to see the Piste used for things snowy - but pretty much everything in this thread is. Creating an event is quite a deal behind the scenes - and when a suitable event has been created it will be in snowEvents.

Finally, it would be a brave sous-admin to split this thread when The Long Haired One had already posted here. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles, Yep, it's Graham Admins website for to do with what pleaseth him.
and .... ...... .... !
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, The "Piste" is full of Spam, flogging holidays and courses, offering "Special deals" to snowHeads, etc.
This one sounds like a great deal and I'm interested.
Worth sifting through the Spam to find a gem now and then, it isn't like you don't have the time.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman, As you know as soon as the kids are away I'll be on the Mountain sun trips with you and WTFH Very Happy
I hear PG is back in France and Skiing again as well, maybe we could get Ise to come along as well Laughing Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, They are correct above T'was Admin himself that posted the bash info on this thread first, if it's OK with da boss to post it here then I don't think you can argue. Mind you if I hadn't been pointed at this thread I must admit that I would have not read it as it wasn't in the events section. It's a nice idea, and a great deal but I can't say yes, without a great deal more thought as it will mean enlisting my parents to look after the kids and such planning is never easy for me. So for my part I will say that of course it's interesting to know about and I will start thinking about how it might be possible to make it work, though it will almost certainly mean missing out on a certain bash in April if I do get to go.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 3-05-11 22:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, Yes indeed those Mountain Sun holidays and with the transfers included are the best value that you can find, anywhere I reckon Very Happy
http://www.skiandboardcamp.com/
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Spyderman, As you know as soon as the kids are away I'll be on the Mountain sun trips with you and WTFH Very Happy
I hear PG is back in France and Skiing again as well, maybe we could get Ise to come along as well Laughing Toofy Grin

Hmmm, there is a "SOPiB12 (10-17 March 2012)" could be an acronym for "Self Opinionated Bash 2012"

PS that comment is not necessarily aimed at all of the above listed wink
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, I wouldn't say the best value, but certainly good value if you can get the dates and rooms for the price you want Smile
ski holidays
For anyone thinking of a Bootcamp 3-dayer, I've just been on the phone to them and Mountainsun have had lots of bookings already and options for late Nov onwards are now very limited.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, we have plenty of space on our pre season 3 day camps in Oct with Mountain Sun. May be a bit early for some but we had cracking snow conditions that time last year...
ski holidays
I was at Les Melezes again at the end of March. If Leon the chef is back next winter (he says he will be) you are all in for a real treat!
ski holidays
bar shaker, Leon is with us to stay! Summer, autumn and winter ... we're not letting him go wink
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, There is still some availability late in the offer, but spaces are limited and especially at weekends. Worth checking though anyone who does want to go ... we're not completely sold out.
snow conditions
Joanne Mountainsun, some of the best holiday food I have ever had. Great fun riding with him too. Top bloke!
snow report
bar shaker wrote:
some of the best holiday food I have ever had.

Spag Bol wink
ski holidays
I'm sure it goes without saying that I'm in on the PSB trip. Very Happy Very Happy But then again, I'd already decided that some time ago... wink Hotel is great, fab location, food's good, bar's good and the slopes are stumbling distance out of the front door. With any luck the company might be bearable too.... wink Toofy Grin

How many sleeps?
latest report
Schuss in Boots, Laughing Laughing . I don't think the social secretary and myself will make it, but enjoy. The harem will have to do without their ski guide.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, Are you trying to tell me that Moriarty won't be there... to be sure... to be sure? Laughing Laughing Gutted you can't come though... hopefully see you in Serre Che though... if I can get myself gnarly enough by then.... Confused
snow report
Schuss in Boots, and if we aren't gnarly enough, I know a great hot choccy stop wink.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, I've just quit any plans I had to become gnarly.... wedding watching and hot choccy is the way to go... wink
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, I get to ski with you for a whole week then. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I''ll be going for the PSB now instead along with Simon (not sure what his username is) who came with us last December.
latest report
Colin B, excellent Very Happy

this is going to be good.....
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Hells Bells, I've just quit any plans I had to become gnarly.... wedding watching and hot choccy is the way to go... wink

Laughing Laughing
snow report
Spyderman, That explains why it's so cheap then... Skullie wink
latest report
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Spyderman, That explains why it's so cheap then... Skullie wink

That you've signed up for a week. wink Laughing
snow report
OK folk - the PSB11 topic is up and running: Pre Season Bash - Tignes 26th Nov 2011... Buttons galore! snowHead
ski holidays
Spyderman, NehNeh

admin, Very Happy
latest report
So, is anyone actually going on the Mountainsun last half week? Normally, there's quite a few snowHeads on the list Puzzled . Or is it a secret? Twisted Evil
latest report
maggi, we couldn't make it work, there was no suitable availability. Going for PSB instead.
ski holidays
maggi, same here - they coudl only do three days the last weekend, and it's the weekend before Xmas so me and eeyore are PSBing instead - I suspect you might be on your other trip then, but fingers crossed you'll be able to make it - it's a good deal. We are doing the full week as it's a bit earlier so the 2 weekends away isn't an issue, being not so close to Xmas as we usually go.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy