Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

k2 Shockwave for a novice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend is going on his first ski holiday next week, but has had loads of lessons at XScape, so says he is parallel skiing.

Having just found out ski hire in Stuben (where there is only one shop) starts at 139 Euros for 6 days for 4 stern skis, up to 234 Euro for 6 Stern skis, he has started looking at buying over here, with the theory he can sell if he hates them.

He is looking at this in 170, he is 5ft 8 or 9 and about 15 stone!!!

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/skis/k2/700023/amp-shockwave-%2b-marker-m2-11.0-tc

What do folk think?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I reckon it will be fine. Should do him for a few seasons, and won't be too advanced for even a fairly new skiier.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is the K2 AMP force aimed exactly at your friend, it has a unique rocker that helps feed into and out of turns whilst the user is progressng to carving. BUT that ski will ultimately be outgrown, and I think the Shockwave is a much better long term proposition, and has been our go-to ski for beginners through to progressing intermediates this season. Do warn him about buying over there especially ex demo as the ex demo binding is quite heavy. We have sold out of 170 so nothing to gain and not trying to sell, but you can get new in the UK at a great price right now if he finds it is the ski for him. And of course buying in the UK supports the UK ski industry Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check out the Snow and Rock Demo Sales if you are near a Fridge - there was a pair of K2 AMP chargers in Mamchester for £275 and they were mint
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out the Snow and Rock Demo Sales if you are near a Fridge - there was a pair of K2 AMP chargers in Mamchester for £275 and they were mint
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers scottydog, sounds like it's the ski for him then, I did check your website but like you said you are out of 170 length, still it appears they can be got in the UK for sub £300 at the moment!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scottydog, I'm having trouble choosing the right ski.
I'm 6'1 and 190 lbs (185 cm and 85 kg) and have about 2 weeks of ski time (last year was the first time). I've progressed fairly fast, in my own perception, skiing blue and red runs in Bansko, Bulgaria. I can parallel ski, without looking good, vary my turns and thus speed, and skid towards a hockey stop. Have not tried black runs yet.

Would the K2 Shockwave be a good choice for me? I have used an Elan Flow 4.1 168 cm, very very maneuverable but a bit to squirly for my weight I believe (maybe it was the length). I have a choice between 170 cm and 177 cm.

Which should I go for? Or should I look for something less advanced. Is it easy to flip? Can I learn to proper carve on it?

Thank you!

Tudor
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy