Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Discounted lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taking a group of 8 to the 3 valleys starting on 9th April
The only discount to the pass I can find is for a family, most of our group are aged 18 -20 so they dont qualify, but at 308 euros for 8 day passes it is a bit steep. There are discounts in N America through sites like Liftopia, are there any I have been unable to find for a deal in Europe?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RDSpearing,

Think you will struggle - liftcos seemed to have it well stiched up. Not sure there are even too many resident type discounts.

Going out a fair bit to 3v, I've had spreadsheets looking at whether to buy a season pass, a 1 valley season pass and pay the upgrade, buy passes each time I go out etc and frankly there's never too much between the options !! Can only think they've got an Actuary setting their pricing basis (actually, on reflection it can't be an Actuary as they've actually got it right NehNeh )
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They are offering 20% discount from the 16th of April, 262euros for 8 days.
I know TOs get a discounted passes for all inclusive deals as I had one. I found this out when I tried to upgrade it for the week from a single valley to 3V. I went to the pass office and they wouldn't let me. I had to do it on a daily basis at 28 euros per day. They said this was because my pass was sold at a cheaper price than a standard single valley pass and therefore could not be upgraded for the week. As alti - dude says, they have you by the short and curlies no matter what way you come at them.
Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You seem to think you're being ripped off in some way. Puzzled If you pay less you get less - it's a good general rule of thumb, is it not?

Pass prices aren't just plucked out of the air, they're calculated in order to maximise sales of certain products, encourage certain types of customer, increase numbers at certain times ... etc. What did you expect?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard, Sorry, my prose writing letting me down again. Was simply pointing out that if you do get a pass from an all inclusive deal this is not a loop hole to a cheaper 3v pass. Maybe short and curlies was too strong a phrase for there aint no easy way round it. A detachable 6 seat chair costs approx 13 million euros. That's an awful lot of lift passes to sell over a season which isn't always busy. Compared to say Euro Disney prices, I actually believe it's good value.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, it's a bunch of students/young persons looking for cost savings. Just looking to maximise what they have and trying to budget. No big deal?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
France is the worst for discounts IMO. Unless you are a 2 + 2 family or can find a promotion it's full adult price from 13. Austria, Switzerland and Italy generally give discounts to about 18 or even older (21 for Zermatt). For my daughter (15) and myself I got a healthy discount at St Anton for her at half term, at LDA week after next it will be full adult price for 2 x 9 day passes (unless I can find someone really kind in the pass office wink )
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ibex wrote:
Lizzard, Sorry, my prose writing letting me down again. Was simply pointing out that if you do get a pass from an all inclusive deal this is not a loop hole to a cheaper 3v pass. Maybe short and curlies was too strong a phrase for there aint no easy way round it. A detachable 6 seat chair costs approx 13 million euros. That's an awful lot of lift passes to sell over a season which isn't always busy. Compared to say Euro Disney prices, I actually believe it's good value.

Ibex - Why be sorry, discounting is the way of the world, shame more people dont do it or ask for it, Lizzard probably has a vested interest gauging by his pathetic put down, bet he has never bought a discounted product in his life, based on 8 people try ringing the lift co and ask directly for discount based on volume, they may say no but hey they may just say yes, its what the TO's do. Good luck
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's certain is that major European resorts know they are destination choices so don't feel the need to compete aggressively on pass prices or service. North American resorts hope to snag casual day skiers and flog them ancilliaries like lessons, lunch, beers hence Liftopia etc. Different models.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
What's certain is that major European resorts know they are destination choices so don't feel the need to compete aggressively on pass prices or service. North American resorts hope to snag casual day skiers and flog them ancilliaries like lessons, lunch, beers hence Liftopia etc. Different models.

fatbob - Very good point the Nth American model is very different, buy one get one free etc, we got 2 free childs for booking 2 adults pre season, saved £300 on todays cost.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
leedsunited, I think Mrs Lizzard may have some insight as she sells passes in Les Deux Alpes.

There are some decent discounts there for 6 day passes in April booked in advance online. However other discounts seem to be difficult to get, I need 9 day passes and a previous source (instructor/v small to) can only get £5 off this year, far less than in previous years. Shameless pleading with Mrs Lizzard hasn't worked either.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
leedsunited, it wasn't a 'put-down', it was a perfectly straightforward remark. I wouldn't waste your time calling the lift co expecting discount for eight pax either - group rates 20+. This is indeed what the TOs do, but for several thousand passes a season, whihc is hardly the same thing.

Quote:

major European resorts know they are destination choices so don't feel the need to compete aggressively on pass prices or service

They're also pretty much all owned by the same parent company these days, which is not a good thing. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy