Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

29 August is an important deadline because ...

Poster: A snowHead
Masque wrote:

There's nothing quite like reading someone typing with one hand on their groin and their brain seized in neutral. If I didn't enjoy watching the challenges you overcome to turn on your computer and log on here, I might consider a note to your chairman about your inability represent the club in good light.

And you don’t know I’m not a member . . . there’s a concept to screw with your mind, sweet dreams sweetcheeks.

Well I think the fact you said, ' I might consider a note to your chairman' is a bit of a clue. If you are a member you would have typed, ' I might consider a note to THE/OUR chairman'.

Why do you have to be so abusive?

Masque wrote:
If anyone other than the protagonists feel my posts are outside the bounds of decency in this context, please PM me or the mods and without complaint, I’ll delete or change as requested.

Oh, right! So now you make up new rules to suit yourself. How is it fair to aim foul comments at people and then say that any objection by them will be ignored?

Anyway, you've been caught out. Makes me wonder about the truthfulness of your other stories about the SCGB.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's nothing quite like the screeching, righteous indignation of someone without an argument. Once again Tim I thank you for demonstrating that you’ve nary the wit nor ken to even rise above critiquing my grammar (as poor as it may be). We are truly blessed by your onanistic contributions, keep 'em coming wink .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, that last sentence which you say has 'disappeared', what was it?

Can I have a non-abusive answer please?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good heavens - what fun - the Ski Club forum arguments that upset one or two people recently had nothing on this lot !

And much of it started off by Snowball having a memory like the proverbial elephant ! Seems to me he's more upset with himself for not taking appropriate action at the time -Surely the holiday was the only time that the problem could have been dealt with to the satisfaction of all parties - with a complaint to the holidays department if the situation had not been changed by the Rep and guides.

IMHO Snowball should have "self censored" by realising that no good can come from dredging up the past in this manner - He comes out of it at least as badly as the couple he is whingeing about.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's all part of getting used to what is still a relatively new medium. People tend to talk on forums as if they were down the pub: which is great, because it's less expensive. But of course, anyone can listen in.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scrumpy, are you ashamed of your real name? (only kidding!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A lot of other people here use pseudonyms or abbreviations and I have no idea who they are or might be either !
Perhaps this forum should insist on real names...............?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You're more likely to be taken seriously if you use a real name (or, sort of break your cover from time to time). Obviously it's up to you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad to know that you don't take most of these people seriously Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not at all, it's just that you adopted a certain 'tone' a couple of postings back.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tim Brown, "You can kiss my shiny metal butt"

edit: How could I forget to remind you that you're an idle git . . . go work it out for yourself. Do you avoid swimming in case the mud between your ears might wash out of your nose?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 28-07-05 14:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 brian
brian
Scrumpy wrote:

IMHO Snowball should have "self censored" by realising that no good can come from dredging up the past in this manner - He comes out of it at least as badly as the couple he is whingeing about.

Totally disagree. Interesting post offering insight into the behaviour of a ski club office bearer. Obviously by itself it doesn't lead to any conclusions but may form part of a larger picture. If the likes of Tim and Beck would contribute their experiences instead of trying to stifle all discussion, a more balanced picture might emerge.

Also lead to an interesting tangent, I thought.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My butt is dark green plastic, although I don't think anyone but the frogs would want to kiss it. A shiny metal one sounds nice Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian, again IMHO, it says more about the poster who should have dealt with the problem 10 years ago.
I was in a group with a similar problem a few years ago which was resolved at the start of the holiday and to everyone's satisfaction when the Rep and Guides took appropriate action to deal with the wishes of the main group of holiday makers.
I am pretty sure that the other guests, Rep and guides concerned would have dealt with the situation in the same way even if the person ,(who overtly tried to organise the guiding to meet the perceived requirements of his small group), had been a Ski Club official or even someone really important !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scrumpy. I think you should take snowball's posting in good faith. He's been open and up-front about his identity - at the bottom of all his postings.

You are hiding behind anonymity, for no good reason as far as I can see.

Come on. No one's going to post anything nasty through your letterbox. They just want to take you seriously.
ski holidays
Alan Craggs, plastic pants? . . . are you old or just kinky?
latest report
Butt me no water butts.
ski holidays
Masque, As you well know, "Everything before the butt is bull" snowHead
ski holidays
Masque, according to those in the know (not you, of course) you could not have read that in Nov. 04 or at any time either before or after. According to those in the know (not you then, obviously) the comment appeared on a piece of paper sent only to SCGB members over 10 year ago!

Now, the bit you quote from the website: I read that a couple of times last year (before Nov.) as I tried to decide whether to join, and I'm 100% sure that no sentence has been dropped of the end! I am, however, 100% sure that you are lying.

Your subsequent pathetic squirming attempt to get out of it and your (normal for you) abusive and bullying behaviour will only diminish your standing amongst right thinking people. I couldn't care less how many of your little chums run to try and support you, hug you and tell you how nasty I'm, because I know you are lying and so do you!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 28-07-05 17:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Scrumpy, again IMHO, it doesn't.

I can re-iterate the same stance as much as you can NehNeh
latest report
Tim, I gather there are several 'Tim Browns' on the Ski Club membership database. Do you have any distinguishing marks or characteristics? (only joking). Seriously, though, whereabouts in the country is your little bridge?

It's a bit odd to refer to an official mission statement on an Annual Report and Accounts as a "comment [on] a piece of paper".

Do you have a particular reason for diminishing official Ski Club mission statements, and accusing fellow members of this community of being liars? It's just abusive.

Why portray and describe yourself as a troll (under a bridge)? Isn't it better to want to be taken seriously?
snow report
David Goldsmith, is masque telling the truth about what he saw, where he saw it and when (be honest now)?
latest report
Timmy Brown, You still calling me a liar? Well numbnuts I'm quite happy in what I've stated and since I've already pointed you at the source to confirm my comments (unless the SCGB web master is incompetent . . and we'd hope not with such an august organisation) don’t expect me to compensate for your appalling idleness.
Now go back to moronically dry humping bridge supports you apathetic bumwipe, do you really think I give a tinker’s cuss what you call me? Jeeze! “You can lead a whore to culture but you can’t make her think” has never been more apropos.

Nite, nite Timmy, Mummy still loves you.
ski holidays
Masque, SCGB webmaster? Webmistress, please Very Happy
snow report
Nick Zotov, I thought she was happily married. No mistresses - yet. wink
snow report
Masque, the comment your referred to only ever appeared in a report sent to members over 10 years ago. It was never published on the SCGB's website. You are a liar.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timmy, Go check moron, calling me a liar doesn't prove you right. That's the whole point . . . you're an idle git that expects others to do his work for him, and if you're irritated, get Mummy to use sone cream after she wipes you.
snow conditions
Tim, harping on about this doesn't really help. If our Club states, as its mission from 1995 ...
Quote:
The Club will also safeguard and enhance its position as the independent spokesbody for British recreational skiers

... then any omission to restate that mission can mean only two possible things.

Care to work out what those two things might be?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, was it ever published on the website?

And the two things are

1) Mission accomplished.

2) Mission abandoned.
latest report
kuwait_ian, Hmm. Webhappilymaririedandrathergoodlookinglady gets to be a bit of a tongue-ttwister, though. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Agreed, Tim.
I can't see how the mission can be "accomplished" since it (by definition) has to be indefinite.
I can't see how the mission can be "abandoned", unless it was subsequently viewed as a mistake.

Until the late 1950s and 1950s the clear majority of British skiers belonged to the Ski Club, hence our Club probably regarded itself (again by definition) as the spokesbody [sic] of British skiers. However, it may never have stated this as its mission.

With 97% of British skiers not belonging to the Club, the Club could still empathise with the mood, values and aspirations of British recreational skiers.

I assumed - in 1995 - that that was what the mission was about, and thoroughly support the mission. Do you?
snow conditions
Gentleman, the moderators would be grateful if you could tone down the personal insults a little Shocked pretty please with bells on, otherwise we're going to have to do some radical pruning arround here Shocked
ski holidays
D G Orf, personal? surly knot! Cool
snow report
I think as a national club with 27,000 members from all kinds of backgrounds and social groups, it could claim to be representative. In speaking on behalf of and expressing the views of its membership, as an advocate for skiing (and boarding) and the environment, it could claim with some justification to be THE spokesbody for British skiers (and boarders?).

How many members does it need to have before you would be happy to accept the SCGB as such a spokesbody? Or do you think that the kinds of people who join are so very different from the majority of skier (and boarders) what it could never make that claim?

How many members did it have in 95?
snow conditions
Masque, you're a liar. I think you should just admit it, don't you?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 21-11-06 0:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Tim, 14,995 'paying units' in 1995, according to the 1995 annual report - more when you include family members (I think the total membership of the Club is usually reckoned to be 1.5 times the number of paying units)
latest report
David Goldsmith, I love the way members are described as paying units, it's nice to know how much we were valued wink
latest report
Tim Brown, More than happy to Smile
snow report
David Goldsmith, you might want to head on over to the SCGB forum where (as instructed by you) I have made a post. It's in the topic you started yesterday.
snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
Tim, 14,995 'paying units' in 1995, according to the 1995 annual report - more when you include family members (I think the total membership of the Club is usually reckoned to be 1.5 times the number of paying units)

So thats 22500. And now 27,000 X 1.5 = 40,500? But I'm not sure if that 27,000 is paying units or not.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 21-11-06 0:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy