Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mini break to Lofer!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick report from our 2nd trip to Lofer, Austria. Again cheap Ryanair flights from Stansted to Salzburg, then transfer 98 euros for upto 8 people return!! We left home at 4am and were skiing at midday!! Very Happy
We again stayed at Haus Patricia on a B&B board, superb, spotless accomodation, good breakfast, clean comfy rooms, this year they have added a Stube for guests which has a well equipped (until we attacked it!!) honesty bar, tea and coffe making, pool table, dartboard etc, it was really nice for our small group of 6 to go out for a meal then come back to the stube for a drink and a game of pool, we have never had this facility in a guesthouse before. there is also a small gym and a sauna and free wifi.
The weather was scorchio, the runs still open although like everywhere, the best skiing in the morning becoming very soft by lunchtime. This is a low resort and I am amazed that they managed to keep as much open as they did! In fact you could still ski all the way to the village, albeit patchy in places!
Lofer is a very pretty traditional village, very quiet but with plenty of really nice restaurants and coffee/cake shops. The prices from accomodation to lift passes and ski hire are so affordable, we paid 80ish euros for 4 day passes and 4oish euro for ski hire! and 30 euro pppn b&b, will most definately go again and definately recomend Haus Patricia Little Angel
http://www.austrianbreaks.com/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
feefee, pretty sure I saw that B&B on TV recently on one of those programmes about moving out of the UK and building a new life somewhere else. They seemed pretty level headed when looking at and making thier choices.

I live about 30kms from Lofer and it is a magical area, winter or summer Toofy Grin I love it - been here 15 odd years now. Glad you had fun - come back in summer and see what's on offer as well - it's brilliant Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Samersberg Sue

I would love to live in Austria, Tyrol area but have heard that you have to have connections eg, relatives to live there? Is this true?
Do you work in Austria and what do you do? I would love to relocate but haven't got the bottle to do it even though I am fluent in german and children are grown up . I am a trained Sports Masseuse and I would love to work there as a Masseuse attending to the sore muscles of the skiers and mountain bikers.

Moonshine

Smile Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
feefee, Mmm. That sounds delightful. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
feefee, Sounds brilliant. I may have to go next season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
moonshine, any EU citizen can work in Austria without any problems. You don't need any connections. When you register here, you may have to prove that you have work to support yourself and health insurance.

P.S. I could use your services this evening Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
moonshine, as espri says any EU citizen can move to and work in any EU country and have their qualifications recognised. If you are fluent in German there is no reason to stop you from investigating the possibilities.

I am actually in Germany, right on the Austrian border (I ski and paraglide in the Austrian Alps). I'm a teacher and translator and had no trouble finding a job when I came out here with no connections or relatives (I'm actually half-French, so France would have also been OK). I work mainly with adults when I teach, but have had my qualifications and experience recognised by the Bavarian and Austrian authorities and could apply to teach in schools if I felt so inclined.

In your field of Sports therapy I can envisage there being no shortage of jobs as the leisure and health industries all provide massage therapies as routine. For example, a lot of lower back pain is treated with muscle-relaxing massage and heat treatment. After all my knee operations here I have had lymph drainage therapy as an integral part of my rehab.

Basically it is up to you to make the first move - are you up for it? wink

Sue
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue,

Thank's for reply Samersberg Sue and Espri.
I am often thinking of relocating and I am german (from Niedersachsen) myself but live in England with my family. My husband used to be in the armed forces and we met in Germany, got married and came to England to live when he left the army. Classic case.

I do go to Germany for visits as I have family there and when we go skiing we always go to Austria because of the lingo, food and the friendly people. I do feel at home there. We never had any bad experiences there.

I am just a bit scared to go to another country to live and work. I have my family here and couldn't just leave them as one son is still dependant on me. It would be nice to commute between England and Austria but I think it is impossible.

Anyway, I'll dream on and maybe one day my time will come.

Moonshine Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy