Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

a little bit of delam

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know, "use the search function". Well I tried and got nada, so ....

I have a little bit of delamination going on around the tail of one of my skis. It's a twin, maybe a semi-twin?

It's not too bad, but these are my touring skis and it's just where my skins clip on ... so, can I just glue it down with something? If so, with what?

As you can tell, I'm terribly practical!

Ta!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Two part epoxy like Rapid Araldite works for me.

Make sure it's good and dry. You may need to clamp the area together as glue sets.

This is how I would repair a snowboard so maybe not so fussed wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Zammo,

Clean the area, trim it, epoxy then clamp it. Good as new.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dot., Great minds ...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guys. Want to get it sorted before I go slush-surfing in Tignes next week .....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zammo, needs to be a flexible epoxy or it with delam again pretty quick.

You need to get inside the delam and clean as well as dry and abrade the two surfaces or the epoxy will just pull away from the dirt/damp a fine wet and dry sandpaper if you can.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
for a quick temp fix ahead of your trip, just seal it all up tidily once it's good and dry with duct tape wraps and off you go. Will do the job, still alow you to attach your skins and you'll look like a proper rad tourer with some duckie tape on your kit (my wife asked me recently quite randomly - "is it duck tape or duct tape?" Toofy Grin )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barry wrote:
it (my wife asked me recently quite randomly - "is it duck tape or duct tape?" Toofy Grin )

I think one maker took advantage of the similarity of sound to market a duct tape called Duck tape.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball, sshh dont tell the mrs, its the only thing she aint been right about in years Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
zammo, Araldite 2011 is what you need askevindonkleywood, says clean it out, warm up the Araldite so its runny, borrow a hair dryer, clamp and leave to set, it needs a few hours. to buy it go to spyderjon http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,21/Itemid,1/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
zammo, ...on 'best' skis' I treat de-lam very seriously, water in a wooden core can wreak havoc very quickly. As per previous posts, flexible epoxy very important, not just standard twin-pack - the idea is to keep water out, better to get it all back to pristine condition but waterproof is critical aim. But on some of my rock skis, those that have foam cores, I've neglected to repair de-lamination and it's stayed stable for three or more seasons. Sort of an experiment rather than laziness, since I reach for the epoxy the moment the family Lines or Volkls show any de-lam-ing.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
zammo, ...forgot to say Jon Coster/Spyderjon really top at this type of repair, advice on it, and materials - vital to note that NEVER effect a repair on a wooden core if there's water already in there. Everything has got to be bone dry before starting out, and comments above re dirt etc are spot on. You can use different things to de-grease and clean, but denatured alcohol a very good liquid for this, but use carefully. Whit spirit ok, but does tend to have water suspended in it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy