Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What Not to wear !

Poster: A snowHead
Mark has sent me a little picture of what not to wear on the mountain, I would ask all of you who view the following image to please put on your sunglasses before following the link to it

Don't do it!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks, D G. And I can only urge viewers to take the advice and pop on your sunnies Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nevica has nothing on Elho Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very funny! One of the loudest I've seen for a while...amazing that people still wear them!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've seen some bad ones this season, especially during the Parisian holidays (even dark-siders have been spotted in FRSs); however this has to be the LOUDEST!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So what harm is it doing?

Live and let live! Who makes these fashion rules?

I think she looks great....... oops, can't find a snigger emoticon!

Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If I can find it, I also ran after a woman in a blue all in one who posed for me and my camera with her poodle.........that was also in a matching all in one! I kid you not, it was hilarious, especially as she was evidently quite proud of their ensemble Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And there was me worried that my shiny new blue Giro 9.9 helmet clashed with my red ski jacket Exclamation
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you know that it is still possible to purchase these attractive day-glo outfits?

There is a shop Outdoor Action which has a large clearance section where they sell off kit which is new (i.e. unused) but must be 10-15 years old!!! Shocked

Some real bargains to be had there Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can i just say, it's not just these foreigners that wear these funky suits. I saw a lady wearing one at my local dry slope centre. Me and the mrs almost fell over when we saw her Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've seen many prime examples in the last week in France, but my husband thought I was winding him up when I told him to take pictures!! (cos I'm only a mere girlie I'm not allowed to take charge of the camera; it's a bit like the remote control)

I do have a picture of me & my instructor that has a very scary pair of trousers in the background. I'll see if I can zoom in & sharpen it up. They seemed to follow me round the pistes all week Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think it looks great - where can I get one?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Be careful when judging skiers by their outfits. It was my first time skiing in Squaw Valley and being unfamiliar with the terrain I was by myself on a chairlift and the chair in front of me had two young ladies on it chatting and laughing.

One had a powder blue stretch outfit with fringes on the sleeves and pants and the other had a rose outfit and a cowboy hat with feathers on it, so I concluded I would follow those ski bunnies and take the easy way down for my first run.

I did, and they made a right turn and went out of sight. I followed and found myself in a chute where at every turn my knees met my chin and the snow I broke lose rolled ahead of me an I never caught up to it.

I stopped half way down to catch my breath and watched the two snow bunnies on the lower half skiing in perfect synchronization, just floating down.

That was long ago and since then I swore not to make those judgments again, but you are free to do so, except what if the lady in the suit above ripped better than most?

....Ott
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I spent 5 years* wearing a most attractive red, white and blue all-in-one which a casual glance could mistake for a ski instructor ensemble. I can assure you that I don't rip anywhere so anyone following me and hoping for an exciting trip would have been sorely disappointed snowHead
The suit did rip in the end so I am relieved that I'm no longer the unwitting victim of fashion assassination on these pages Wink
*I only mean the time spent on the slopes - I didn't wear it all year round.....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fair comment Ott! But in this case I can tell you, the lady in question was taking a drag lift to the beginning of a very gentle blue run, where I spotted her honing her skills quite regularly as I took the same lift for another link.

From what I recall, she had a solid, if a little nervous technique, and was at the stage of skiing the same run to gain confidence at a guess. Perhaps wearing such a screaming outfit helped in some way?
ski holidays
Live and let live I say - after all, if they didn't wear them, we'd have less people to take the .... out of Wink
ski holidays
Day-Glo one-piece ski suits are very popular with Japanese skiers, many of whom can really rip.

Also, they make great landmarks in bad light conditions!
snow conditions
I think it's a bit like golf. You see some very silly tartan trousers and clashing shirts on the course. Somehow it's one of those sports where people with a perfectly normal dress sense go colourblind! Razz
snow conditions
Well, I think singling out groups of individuals for personal criticism is a bad idea...unless they're boarders Wink
latest report
Could have scored maximum points if the wearer had a mullet as well.
snow report
There's a bloke in the 3 valleys who wears a long woollen trench coat. He looks like he was on the way to ZZ Top concert but decided to stick on a pair of boots and go skiing instead. I was laughing at him until somebody pointed out that he was a very good skier.

The Austrians have confirmed that piste police will now control things on the slopes, it's only a matter of time before Fashion police are introduced. Laughing
snow conditions
I'm reminded of the strange headware I saw a young girl wearing this year, imagine if you will a huge afro haircut about 2feet in diameter as the covering of a balaclava i.e it covers the whole head and face, yes she was skiing in this thing and yes it was very wierd Shocked
snow report
Well, everyone knows me for the last forty years by my hat, arctic sheep leather with the woolly side inside, warm. Here I wear it while doing some wedeln Very Happy

http://home.neo.rr.com/ottmar/OTTWED~1.GIF
ski holidays
Ott Gangl, having seen your picture I wonder if it is not you in the picture at the start of this topic....
snow report
Ott Gangl, I wondered when the infinite wedeln would show up here! Wink
latest report
That is certainly bright. But hey I can live with it. I used to wear a white all in one until I got worried that I would be lost in the snow!!!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy