Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Race training for adults in South East UK???????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - i've started skiing on Sandown dry slope in UK and have been going regularly the last few months. I'm up to a level where i REALLY want to learn how to carve and do some race training. I'm 31 and the Sandown Race Club is set up for youngsters so i'm looking for somewhere in the south east where i can train and learn regularly with like minded and like aged! people. i have a background in karting and dh mountainbiking but having recently discovered skiing I've found myself enjoying it immensely and am really keen to make progress! Razz

Please help!

Many thanks!

Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Andy,

Gosling offer full-on race training for adults (and older kids) om Friday between 7-9pm.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andyski, try Bromley.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1762389#1762389

If you haven't raced before you may need to start on Saturdays which is mainly kids / teenagers, but then you can progress to Monday nights which is teenagers / adults.

http://www.bromleyskiraceclub.co.uk/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andyski, we have an adults' club at Aldershot, and train from 7:45am-9:30 on Saturdays. We normally get 10-20 at a session, of varying standards from pretty basic to quite keen, and ages from about 20 to 70+. Drop me a line (another post here or by PM) if you want any more info.

FYI, there is also a rather larger kids club (entry up to 18 ), which trains on Sun am, and they're increasingly competent - now with a waiting list.

Another one that may be convenient for you is Bowles - situated just south of Tunbridge Wells - which is both adults and kids. They train (IIRC) Fri evenings, 5:30-7:30 (or something like that). ski on this board is the head coach there so will be able to give you the low-down for them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andyski,

We run race training at Hemel on a Monday evening (20.00-22.00). We do have established racers on these sessions and variable standard adults.

We've been running these sessions during the summer for the last two years.

Drop me a pm for further details.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thumbs up for Philbo, you will be winning races in no time!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyski, welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks a lot for all your replies!! i'm gonna have a look at them all and see what i can work out!

cheers

Andy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bowles is really nice, very friendly people, excelelnt coaching.
Some are VERY good, but some are definitely at the just started slalom level.
Sadly, I only get up from Brighton a few times a year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy