Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fly or Drive

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sunnbuel wrote:

I suggest a read of http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/research/rsrr/theme3/fatigueroadsafetyanalysis/pdf/rswp21report.pdf which has some uncomfortable reading about the risks young to middle age male drivers will take and their inability to understand or recognise the risks they pose to other road users.

Sometimes the truth is very inconvenient !! wink

I'll read the whole thing when I have a spare month, in the mean time, jumping to the 'conclusions' sort of looks to me that the documents is 88 pages of stating the bleeding obvious, must have cost a fortune too.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
allanm, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing true
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

the tunnel is a lot less hassle, and by far the quickest.

I'll hve to try it one day. But, as sole driver, I look forward to the ferry: you get a bit of a rest, go to the brasserie and have a meal. Going north I usually arrive early and get put on an earlier sailing.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
planeurge, Spot on, I think there is always something quite appealing about an early morning full English on a ferry in rough sea, it's great.
Also, on the trains, I believe you could end up waiting for hours on end to get onto it in the first place, by which time you might as well have saved that extra money on the fare and used the ferry in the first place.
I may look at coming back on the train, only 'cos minime what's to drive onto a train.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fly. no question. two kids in a car for all that time...no way ! you can read, play, watch DVD, move about, buy food etc if stuck at the airport. much less tiring for the driver. better skiing as not tired from all that driving. easyjet to geneva. mini bus transfer provided by TO. easy peesey. job done. relaxing holiday. avoid chambery as prone to delays and loads of hassle on peak transfer days. but, "each to their own" as they say ! I cant believe how much you are getting quoted for flights. I must admit we never go at half term so am oblivious to the price hikes but am amazed its that much. we pay about £400 in early feb for a family of 4 and transfers are usually around £50 per person. is it really 4 x the price for flights at half term ? (transfer fee is not likely to rise if you use the TO transfer)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy