Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski hire places

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of hiring skis and boots from Sport2000 in the French Alps?
Sport2000 is the cheapest but does this mean it is not as good as say, Twinner or Intersport?
I want to save money but I want decent equipment too!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You get good hire equipment by

a) Knowing what you want
b) Knowing enough not to be fobbed off by whatever the hire shop tell you.

Sadly by the time you get to a position of strength in a & b you'll probably have your own kit anyway or at the very least be walking into shops then walking out based on what they've not got anything appropriate to offer you - both preclude getting a cheap but guaranteed decent advance deal. I'd doubt systematically across the alps as a whole any one chain is significantly better than the others although locally as they are franchises there might be large differences.

Alternatively don't sweat it and just trust that if what they give you is truly crap you can always take it back and swap it wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sport2000 seems to be an online booking agent for hundreds of ski rental shops throughout the entire Alps. I used them to book ski hire in St Anton, Austria, in February. The hire shop and staff were good compared to most I've used in the past. I wanted to test several skis and was told I could change my skis every day if I wanted to. I tested four pairs of skis in six days and on the final day had the best skis I've used in 30 years.

It might be worth noting that SPORT 2000 say they are the only rental organisation that has most of the shops certified by TÜV according to the EN ISO 9001 standard. What that actually means I can't be bothered to look up, but in the hire shop I had to fill in a form with my height/weight/ability/age and sign it to confirm it was correct. They entered those details into their computer system and used them to set up the ski bindings correctly. Changing to a new pair of skis at the end of the day took about two minutes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wonder how complacent rental shops have become on people just signing up via the website for a set package. I emailed 8 shops in Val T 2 weeks ago (so not in the busy season) asking if they had X,Y or Z available for hire/demo/sale as I'm looking to buy some new skis and will be there for the EoSB week - and only had 2 responses. (Both of which drew a blank, so I've just taken the plunge and bought over the net from an Italian shop with excellent service and a sale on!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My limited experience suggests that Swiss and Austrian customer service is of a higher standard than French (and British) customer service.

I think most British people believe the phrase "customer service" belongs to some arcane foreign language.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob is right Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy