Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone waiting to do BASI ADC1

Poster: A snowHead
gilleski, Would be most excellent if it could be organised over a weekend plus a Friday or Monday.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman wrote:
gilleski, Would be most excellent if it could be organised over a weekend plus a Friday or Monday.

Not necessarily for all of us! Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Touchguru wrote:
Spyderman wrote:

Not necessarily for all of us! Smile

Agreed; But given the interest, I'd hope we could get two courses! I'd prefer a Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday or maybe Su/M/T.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Likely we will run a couple in different formats due to demand. The barrier is currently finding trainers to deliver this! We already have enough people to run the courses.

PSG
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I can get fit enough and scrape together the pennies...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any news on this?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rungsp wrote:
Any news on this?

There is one running in Tamworth, but that's a fair trip for you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone know if the Alpine Freestyle Dev. Coach L1 is likely to be held at Hemel this year?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
musehead, have you tried giving the BASI office a call?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I see there's an ADC1 course now running at Hemel from the 26 to 28 August, which for me is a shame because it clashes with the late August Common Theory course so I can't do it Sad

I wonder if there's any likelihood of there being another one run earlier in August at Hemel? There is one at Tamworth but it's booked up!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roga, Do it at Castleford on your way home from Glenmore Lodge ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am booked onto the Hemel 26-28th course Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scooby_simon wrote:
I am booked onto the Hemel 26-28th course Happy

Me too & Kitty
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone else booked on the August Castleford course?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs wrote:
roga, Do it at Castleford on your way home from Glenmore Lodge ?

It's a thought for sure, bit rushed perhaps getting down but might be tempted - any reasonably priced accomodation nearby?
kevindonkleywood wrote:

Considering it!
latest report
roga, What do you consider reasonably priced ? There is a Premier Inn next to XScape.

I would expect it to be a 6 hour drive.
snow conditions
rjs wrote:
roga, What do you consider reasonably priced ? There is a Premier Inn next to XScape.

Dirt cheap would be best Toofy Grin
Quote:
I would expect it to be a 6 hour drive.

Takes me 7 and a half/8 Aviemore to Bristol so I might be able to shave a bit off that 6 hours Madeye-Smiley

Main issue is what time the course winds up at Glenmore, don't want to be driving into the evening then having to get up early and concentrate on the ADC the following morning, especially after 5 days of concentrating on Common Theory ...
snow conditions
roga, when I did CT at Glenmore it finished at 4.00pm on the Friday afternoon, and it was made very clear that we were expected to be there until the very end.
latest report
kevindonkleywood wrote:

Yep, what better way to spend a bank holiday weekend.
snow conditions
rob@rar, yeah which would make it a pain in the backside to drive straight down to Castleford after it ends.

Might consider doing the MK one earlier in the month - I wonder if they still charge an arm and a leg for parking there, even if you're on a course! rolling eyes
snow conditions
smithski, See you there then Very Happy , I will be the one who can't ski Sad ho hum still someone has to make the rest of you guys look good Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy