Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3rd April Where to go????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are thinking about going 3rd April, but worried about lack of snow. Where should we go?
We have seen some deals to
La Tania- Nice chalet, good price, but know it is lower
La Plagne - good chalet, good price
St Anton?
Any other suggestions, or advice as to where will be crap.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

La Plagne still has great snow high up on the Glacier, Roche de Mio and higher slopes around Champagny, Bellecote, Plagne Centre and Aime 2000 areas. The lower areas are getting a little slushy in the afternoon, but still easily skiiable with more snow due at the weekend.

Hope that helps . . .

Heather
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
k1orange, Any resort below 2000m in the French alps will have warm temps the next week. Very warm temps forecast for 1350m in La Tania towards the end of next week (+14 degC) and rain forecast for Sunday.
Hey, the forecast may be wrong but I'd go as high as you can. Ideally a resort base of 2000m + with higher sking and a lift system that can return you to resort. Can I suggest VT or Tignes if it's only the French alps you are considering.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi K1Orange, I have some apartments in central St.Anton and would be happy to discuss a good deal for a feloow snowhead....pm me if you are interested.... cheers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Am not there at the moment, but La Tania should be fine - if you can live with (potentially) getting a lift to and from resort every morning and evening. There is some snow forecast in the Three Valleys next week above about 1850, which will fall as rain in La Tania as BMF Skier has said. The lift from La Tania is a bubble that I am pretty sure you can take down as well as up and I'd be very surprised indeed if they closed the pistes that run to the top of that lift. In fact, I'd be very surprised if they didn't find some way of keeping at least one run into La Tania open, whatever the weather. From the top of the lift out of La Tania, it's just one further lift to find yourself well over 2000 m.

But if I were you, I'd look at the areas suggested by BMF Skier and Snow and Sunshine. Am skiing myself in La Plagne that week, so bear in mind there may be an element of wishful thinking about snow conditions in my endoresment of La Plagne as a good place to go at the moment...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The ski back to La Tania was good yesterday, it was good the week before and I assume it will be similar a week from now.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
k1orange, how about this from B&S?

Quote:
We can't use the holiday we bought, so trying to sell.

Dates: 2 - 9 April
Includes: return flights from LGW, sports equipment carriage, transfers to resort, half board accommodation in ski-in accommodation, with unlimited wine at dinner.

£350pp for the week for 2 people ONO
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't suppose you can go earlier on Wed 30th March. If you can Inghams have Banff Canada flying from Gatwick for £265 - yes that's the price for flight transfer and a week room only in hotel. I'm going the next week so keep checking prices. The snow looks much better than in Europe
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some great value holidays to Andorra are available throughout April with excellent snow at the moment - new snow yesterday plus more forecast for tomorrow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy