Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any deals for very late April?

Poster: A snowHead
You are some of the least useful people on the internet, I'll grant you that.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr Technique, I'm not very useful in real life either! Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Before some one gets the rude response, £148 is correct as discounted for sole use. It's cheap skiing, better then no skiing. On same site, SC apartment for four, £290. If you like that sort of thing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Mr Technique, I am wonderin how many people in your group? I have apartmenst in St.Anton and would be up for a deal.... pm me if you ar einterested in finding out more Smile If not good luck.....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

making it an inconvenient rip off

A bit OTT? About £50 a night for half board in France is certainly not a rip off.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sidneyreilly wrote:
Hi Mr Technique, I am wonderin how many people in your group? I have apartmenst in St.Anton and would be up for a deal.... pm me if you ar einterested in finding out more Smile If not good luck.....

Between 3 and infinity, depending.

Probably between 4 and 6. But who knows. I don't yet. This was more a general 'post good deals here' thread, but either

a) there aren't any or
b) the population of snowHeads like being deliberately useless
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Technique, or c) your idea of a good deal - which I look on as being value for money, as opposed to something just plain cheap - is not shared by many who have bothered to open this thread.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle wrote:
Mr Technique, your idea - is not shared by many

How unlike you to use more words than necessary... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schuss in Boots, sorry. Embarassed wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle wrote:
Mr Technique, or c) your idea of a good deal - which I look on as being value for money, as opposed to something just plain cheap - is not shared by many who have bothered to open this thread.

Post an example then.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr Technique, see above - the EoSB and, from everything I have heard, though not personally experienced, mountainsun.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sunweb, if price is THE important part of any holiday.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes yes, the EoSB and Mountain Sun.

Shall I just rename the thread "snowHeads affiliate advertising" and have done with it then?

I'll be getting my insurance with Dog Tag, that's for sure!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lightningdan, you're talking my language.

Not that my language is Dutch.

Rubbish British Army, Muslims, death of Sterling currency, etc.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr Technique, whatever. (Though DogTag are not my insurers, as it happens.)
ski holidays
Mr Technique, Loads of really good deals at the mo like this one and I bet they will go lower if you phone them Toofy Grin
Clicky here Cool
snow report
Mr Technique, Thank you. I hope you have a good holiday, tell us all about it.

Hope your transfer is less pikey this time.
snow report
Have you considered the EoSB? I have Dogtag insurance.
snow report
Monium, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Monium, Mr T replied to you on that already 6th post page 1. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Boredsurfing wrote:
Monium, Mr T replied to you on that already 6th post page 1. rolling eyes

Just wanted to check he hadn't changed his mind. He can be so flighty, and I wasn't sure he'd realised how much he might enjoy meeting lots of internet weirdos and/or drinking shots out of their hairy bellybuttons.
latest report
Monium, But he has already said he doesn't want to pay so much over the normal price for accommodation and lift pass to do so Laughing
snow conditions
Sourgraping wrote:
Monium, But he has already said he doesn't want to pay so much over the normal price for accommodation and lift pass to do so Laughing

Ah, I see. I thought it might have been the internet weirdos putting him off. I've found a really good deal that I think we'll be going for, but don't want to put it online in case Mr T signs up and ruins it by walking around in nothing but a bobble hat. We're open minded, but we have standards.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Mr Technique, whatever.

I believe the young people say 'whatevs' nowadays. Do try to keep up.
ski holidays
lightningdan wrote:

Hope your transfer is less pikey this time.

Hahahaha. Oh God, so do I.

Fackin caaants.
latest report
Monium wrote:
and/or drinking shots out of their hairy bellybuttons.

Oi! You promised never to let on about that... I explained that I was between waxes and everything. rolling eyes
snow report
James the Last wrote:
Compare that to £289 for next week in a very nice chalet in La Tania where there will be a bathroom per two. (I've posted this link before, not because I've any connection, other than once going on one of their holidays) http://www.alpineaction.co.uk/prices-winter-10-11.htm Now, that's a deal.
Those are good prices.
However, if the forecast temperatures for next week are correct then even a zero cost apartment wouldn't make me consider La Tania at 1350m in April ! Rain and temps as high as +14deg c. suggested, and they haven't been that far out this season Sad I think even the higher French alp resorts like Tignes and VT are going to take a sun beating!

If anyone can go now, I just had an offer from Mark Warner for this weekend (27Th March) half board in the chalet hotel Tarentaise in Meribel £345, including flights from Stanstead. Other resorts on offer at £345 :- La Plagne, LDA, Val Dis, CV 1850, St Anton They must be desperate!
latest report
Try SkiboundHolidays, couldn't find a price for the Piolet but a week in Alpe d'Huez next week is £179 Fights, Transfers, HB and 2-4-1 ski hire! wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

even a zero cost apartment wouldn't make me consider La Tania at 1350m in April !

+1. And we had reports of dire conditions in Meribel weeks ago. Late holidays can be terrific, and as we have son and granddaughter coming out 11 - 16 April we will be around till then and hoping there'll be enough snow for the little one to have her lessons. But this year is far from ideal for late holidays and even places like Val Thorens are going to be struggling in a month's time (especially if everyone from the 3 Valleys gravitates up there). There doesn't seem at the moment to be any sign of the kind of dramatic change in the weather which would change the fundamentals.

Basic accommodation is one of the minor costs of an Alpine holiday - even a decent standard of apartment shouldn't cost more than 100 euros a head at this time of year - many will be considerably less. Even if you get some bargain "deal" which reduces that cost a bit, the much greater costs of flights, passes, transfers, food etc mean the savings will be marginal.

The GFS based forecasts have FL over 3000m across extensive chunks of Alps by early April with no night re-freeze (e.g. 2950m night time FL in St Anton on 1 April). They might well be wrong, of course, and it's all rather uncertain, but I wouldn't be shelling out any cash just now.
ski holidays
I have booked ski holidays before you know. I know what I'm doing.

The polite request was for people to post deals that they might have seen on the internet, not for everybody to sanctimoniously explain to me that you have to consider the cost of flights and transfers, and that the weather isn't very good at the moment, and that La Tania next week wouldn't be worth going to.

lightningdan's Dutch crowd:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwintersport.sunweb.nl%2Ffrankrijk%2Fles_trois_vallees%2Fval_thorens%2Fresidence_val_thorens_immobilier.htm%3FobjectIndex%3D4

£192 s/c in Val Thorens including lift pass. Crikey.
snow conditions
Thread summary:

Quote:
Anyone heard of any good deals for end of season?

Quote:
Come to the EoSB, it'll be amazing!

Quote:
Don't bother going at that time of year, it'll be crap!

Quote:
(Unnecessary mention of Espace Diamant)

Quote:
Come to the EoSB, it'll be amazing!

Quote:
You'd be mad to go to La Tania next week!

Quote:
Remember to pay for your food!

Quote:
paulio has done a suicide
snow report
Mr Technique wrote:
I have booked ski holidays before you know. I know what I'm doing.

The saying "ask a daft question..." springs to mind!
snow conditions
Is "does anyone know of any late season deals" a daft question on an internet forum specifically dedicated to the discussion of ski holidays?
latest report
Mr Technique, No.
latest report
Mr Technique, Is that what you asked then? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

Is "does anyone know of any late season deals" a daft question on an internet forum specifically dedicated to the discussion of ski holidays?

No, but there's an important prior question which is "Is spending a pot of money on a late season holiday next month likely to be worthwhile?"

You've been pointed in the direction of several perfectly good deals on offer from people desperate to sell holidays to people who haven't asked that question and will be quite happy to find themselves surrounded by acres of slush and dandelions.

Have fun, you ingrate.
ski holidays
Laughing come on pam w, get down off that fence before you hurt yourself.... Laughing wink
snow report
Split1950 and lightningdan were quite helpful. Thanks to them.
ski holidays
Have you booked it yet?
latest report
I'll book you in a minute.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy