Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling Lady Owners of Garmont Touring Boots - Sizing Query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs MA & I have just taken delivery of Garmont touring boots from eBay. We both purchased the same Mondo point size as our normal skiing boots.

While mine are fine, Mrs MA's are much too small - she can barely get her feet into them. Before she sends off for a bigger size, are there any lady tourers out there who can comment on whether women's Garmont boots are generally very small sized? It would appear so, as a friend with size 4 feet has tried the size 24.5 boots and they seem to fit.

Mrs MA is just wondering what size she needs for a UK 5.5 - her normal boots are Mondo 24.5 - which seems to tally with all of the sizing charts we have looked at online. The boots in question are She Ride, though unsure if that is of any significance.....

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will have a look at home tonight as to how they relate for us - I do know that Garmont ladies go down to very small sizes as they were the only ones we could get that fitted my wife.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
both myself and female freind that were out at the weekend touring in scotland have garmont - ive got the g ride, friend has the she-ride. The mondo point we have are the same as the mondo point of our alpine boots, so i d say they are about the same fit as other makes with obvious a little deviation, but seem pretty true to size
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sweaman2bitoffluff Thanks.

Hmmm, it seems a bit of a mystery - they are definitely a much smaller fit but are also definitely the same mondo size (24.5) as her normal boots Puzzled . The shell is the same size as her downhill boots so it's the inners that seem to be the problem. The only way her feet will go in them - even with them removed from the boots - is to cram them in! Wonder if they are a mutant pair....wrongly marked or something?

My sister in law has similar sized feet - and owns Garmont touring boots, so Mrs MA is going to try them as a comparison.

Anyway, the boots she's bought can go back for a refund so it's not a major problem - she just needs to suss out her sizing in Garmont.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well I looked last night. Ladies UK size 5.5 or 6 fit fine in a Garmont Luster size 24. Couldn't find a mondo size written on the downhill boots to compare to.

Stupid question perhaps but aren't the liners supposed to be thermo-formed - would that make a huge difference?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just a thought - have you checked the mondo size of the liners as well as the outers? maybe theyve given you the wrong liner size
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy