Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nuclear fall out face masks seen in La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
The Metro this morning reported on skiers in La Plagne spotted wearing face masks as protection against the Japanese nuclear thingy. Exactly how deranged would one have to be to do this?

http://yfrog.com/h075300467j

(picture nicked form Chemmy's twitter feed)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well it would seem that "Catherine Walker" from Newcastle is that deranged. 1/2 wit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lightningdan wrote:
Well it would seem that "Catherine Walker" from Newcastle is that deranged. 1/2 wit.

I would like to see a picture.... wonder if she is wearing a helmet?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BTW, The Japanese obsession with face masks has little to do with the nuclear problems, they've been wearing them on public transport and in public places for years.
Slightly unnerving for visitors.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wonder if they understand that if the radiation levels less than 200 miles away are barely above normal background levels it's hardly likely that radiation levels on the other side of the world will be higher, ah well someone selling face masks will no doubt make a killing LOL One born every minute wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep saw a group of 10 Japanese all wearing face masks in Amsterdam airport a couple of weeks ago. OOOOhhh no, SARs and Swineflu's illegitimate lovechild 'paranoiaitis' is about to sweep the world in the next deadly epidemic... rolling eyes

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 22-03-11 11:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Face masks on Japanese is usually a sign that they have a cold and don't want to spread it to you. Since they do not blow their noses (and consider it rude if you do so) and constantly sniff when they're poorly, the more masks the better. Nothing to do with ionising radiation as other posters have said.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This sounds like a made up story - maybe somebody's wearing a mask to protect themselves from the terrible pollution in the alps, referred to on snowheads homepage... or maybe catherine Walker really is thick...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
daveyladboy, my thoughts too
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I put on a 'radiation protecting' balaclava and goggles the other day too, when it was sub-zero and the 60 km/h winds were pelting little bits of ice into my face.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That wasn't ice, it was plutonium.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

'radiation protecting' balaclava and goggles

They call it sun tan lotion in Scotland Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
daveladyboy, you have a surprisingly unique username for on here Toofy Grin ...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Probably more radiation coming from the Massif central than Japan in La PLagne
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

daveladyboy,

Maybe a pal of bum, ? Shocked
snow report
Whoah! It's lad not lady...
ski holidays
Actually, I just recently heard from a colleague that his friend's cousin's former roommate's brother got cancer from skiing in the Swiss alps afther the Chernobyl disaster.
latest report
Quote:
daveladyboy

That's how I read it too. Didn't realise my mistake until his response to your post Laughing
snow report
Yeah, it's a letter Y and four Y chromosones difference...
snow conditions
Sorry daveyladboy, But you are forever going to be read as dave-lady-boy!
In its way just like a lot of folks reading me as rung-sp when my intention was run-gsp (originated on a dog forum as I have GSP dogs)
snow conditions
daveyladboy wrote:
Yeah, it's... four Y chromosones difference...

You have four Y chromosomes! Shocked
ski holidays
rungsp, Well I've learnt something this morning... I was one of the rung-sp brigade.. sorry Embarassed Lovely dogs though Very Happy
snow report
All right not four, but there's no hint of lady boy about me.
If I had 4 x chromosomes I'd be an Australian beer...

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 23-03-11 12:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Zero-G wrote:
Quote:
daveladyboy

That's how I read it too. Didn't realise my mistake until his response to your post Laughing

I have always read it as daveladyboy, it makes me laugh every time you post.

And a rung-sp 'er.
ski holidays
I thought it was Rungs P Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
lightningdan,
Quote:

I have always read it as daveladyboy, it makes me laugh every time you post.

And a rung-sp 'er.
Me too
snow report
Quote:

You have four Y chromosomes!

Most blokes have a lot more, 1 per cell in the majority of cells. wink
latest report
T Bar wrote:
Most blokes have a lot more brains, 1 percent in the majority of cases. wink

fixed it for ya wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy