Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maybe a bit dull but holiday report and piccies!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone Very Happy

Got back from my second skiing holiday yesterday which was equally as fantastic as my first! Loved it! Went to Val Thorens for the week and had a fab time skiing around Val Thorens, Meribel and Courcheval and some equally good nights out!

Here are a few of my pics from the week

Party on the piste which was pretty ace! I got kidnapped by 8 surbian guys who picked me up and started throwing me up and down in the air lol

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Millie10, Ski holiday and dull are mutually exclusive. Nice pics and getting me in the mood for 4 weeks time.

I like the one which looks like the fire-eater is incinerating the skiers on the lift. Cool snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Millie10, looks great - good snow!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Millie10, cool pics!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
no consideration for elf and safety Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Millie10, how did you find the self-catering wink Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Self catering was ..umm... interesting! I was so grateful I'd done the post on here first about what to expect and what to take - mainly the loo roll! The room really wasn't that bad but very basic. Bath was almost as small as the kitchen sink and the shower had no pressure so not great after a long days skiing when all you want is a hot soak! The place was cleaner when we left it than when we arrived. There were quite a few suspicious marks on the walls and doors and all the plug sockets sounded like they were going to electrify me when plugging and un plugging things!

But on the plus side I felt less guilty coming in at 3am in self catered than I did in half board!

Having been self catered and half board this season I think I will definitely pay a little more for half board next year!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Millie10, Nice pics, thanks for posting.

But
Quote:

I felt less guilty coming in at 3am in self catered than I did in half board

Why? Don't other self-caterers have the same 'rights' as half board wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
haha didn't mean that at all as both times I have been as quiet as possible coming in, just felt less guilty coming back into our own place for come reason!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Millie10, Thats fine, just messing around. More importantly have you started planning your next trip yet.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah, I was giving it a lot of thought on the flight home lol!

I only took skiing up in July as my horse got injured and I couldn't ride and needed something else. So I took up going to the dry slopes to learn to ski. When I started I had no intentions of going on holiday but got very addicted and have now been twice haha, Val Thorens last week and Morzine / Avoriaz in January.

Problem is that I'm getting a new horse in the next month or so so unsure how I will balance horses and the skiing money wise but definatly plan to try to go skiing at least once next season. I have even considered not getting a new horse and going to work a season this December as a physiotherapist lol (Been offered a job on a resort in France)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Millie10,...
Quote:

(Been offered a job on a resort in France)

Now where do I start. As a fifty something year old, whose two sons have worked winter seasons (and summer seasons), go for the season in France. Chances like that do not come along often and you can get your horse afterwards,
But you know this.... you are just teasing us. Take that job in France. Post lots of reports. Make some old people happy, Enjoy.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lol I had a job interview in the UK a few weeks ago for a decent job and said that if I didn't get it I would definatly just go to France... but I got the job and don't feel like I can pass on it now Sad

But at the same time I have started directing all my learning and training towards sports physiotherapy so hopefully it will happen soon! Got my acupuncture training in May and a special sports taping course in april Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Millie10, Thats good. Always have a plan.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fab pics, looks better than everyone decribes - cant wait c's
we will be there in 3 weeks - ROCK ON..... Blush Blush Little Angel

Noisey
snow report
Millie10, looks like you had a great time!!
Quote:

unsure how I will balance horses and the skiing

I had 4 showjumpers before the skiing took off, had to sell them all , found skiing and horses weren´t compatible at all, but good luck with it and I hope your horses injury is healed soon.
snow conditions
Millie10, Great pics, glad you had a good time. snowHead Beware.... giving up the skiing isn't going to be easy.. wink
snow report
Millie10, thanks for the pics, they are definitely not dull!

I'm off to Val Thorens this Saturday for a week and this post has definitely got me excited! Any tips on where to drink cheaply (relatively speaking, anyway!)? As a group I dont think we're going to be out til 3am everynight but we all like a few beers. It's my first time in France for a while and I've become accustomed to Austria prices. So, any good happy hours in town or on the slopes?
ski holidays
great pics, cant wait to go back out to 3V mid april woop!
snow report
Millie10, Why not post a full trip report on snowHead , I'm sure it would be useful to others?
Where did you stay for your S/C trip to VT? Sounds rather basic. It's always best to give the place a once over when you first arrive and report any deficiencies.
SC does require a little more effort that HB but with a little preparation it can be a lot cheaper. We drive out and take most of the food with us when we do SC, but there are 4 of us.
Pics are great, looks like you had good conditions. I hope the snow holds up for our trip to VT in mid April.
Markus, beer isn't cheap in VT! Check out the Viking, their happy hour used to be better value.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy