Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3rd week in April dilemma.

Poster: A snowHead
Due to work commitments,the earliest i can get away to ski (as a solo skier) is from the 15th of April. Sad

Most resorts seasons are over by then.
I need to ski somewhere with decent snow cover.Is there somewhere i might try?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cc_7up,

No direct experience myself but - I gather Obergurgl is open for all of April. I've heared good things about the place and is usually guaranteed snow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Paradiski is open until the end of April and it's snowsure till then with two glaciers. Runs down to the lowest slopes tend to be slushy in the afternoon, but higher up snow cover usually stays well. Fresh snow today and more forecast for the tarentaise this week (Paradiski, Espace Killy, 3 Valleys).

Happy planning!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I shall be going to Val Thorens on that date. Highest resort in Europe. Always skiing available right into May.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Doesn't Tignes have more high altitude pistes, though?
Quote:

Most resorts seasons are over by then

there will be loads of resorts still open, but unless the weather changes dramatically the skiing will be considerably worse than it generally is in mid-April.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cc_7up, Have you looked at this:- http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68569

I know it's pitched at Families but there are some singles and I'm going with my 18 years old son, so you should have no problem finding people to ski with. There is also the week after for the EOSB in the same accommodation , which I'm staying on for, so 2 weeks skiing. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Verbier.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I see that you are located in hot pursuit...not exactly sure how far that is from Vail, but it has been a good season out here and I heard they are offering a $199 spring pass for the last two weeks of the season (ending April 24) valid at Vail, Beaver Creek and Breckenridge.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
garethjomo, we're off to VT on that date too (from Ystalyfera). You driving or flying?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oh and cc_7up we've done VT but one week earlier in the season and there was sh*tloads of snow (we had 40cm of fresh fall overnight on the Wednesday too Smile)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TotallyBoard wrote:
oh and cc_7up we've done VT but one week earlier in the season and there was sh*tloads of snow (we had 40cm of fresh fall overnight on the Wednesday too Smile)

There will be sh*tloads of Snowheads there this year. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geepee, EOSB is the 23rd isn't it?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TotallyBoard, the EoSB is the 23rd but the SFaB is the previous week, the 16th.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We're off to Whistler on Friday and there is still plenty of snow. The two mountains sre served by gondolas meaning you can always ski at the summits and then return via gondola if the pm slush is not your thing.
latest report
cc_7up, Was skiing fresh powder on may 1st last year in tignes , and hope to be doing the same this year snowHead snowHead
snow report
cc_7up, Chile?
latest report
Neilski, I was skiing freshies on 1st May in Scotland last year, unfortunately this seasons been a bit different Sad
ski holidays
hintertux in austria, glacier with some nice steep terrain
ski holidays
cc_7up, I've skied Tignes and Val D'Isere for the last 2 weeks of April for the last 3 seasons and I've never been disappointed nor had rubbish conditions. In fact I'm off there on 16th April this season too.
ski holidays
Stubai Glacier - Austria- 105km of pisted runs, several itinerary routes one of which is 10km long and plenty of off piste options - all lift accesible. Still ski-ing very well. Great for a short break and very easy to get to from Innsbruck.
latest report
Neilski wrote:
cc_7up, Was skiing fresh powder on may 1st last year in tignes , and hope to be doing the same this year snowHead snowHead

I wish... Don't think there's any chance of that this season. I dearly want to ski again before the 'end of the season' but it ain't going to be in the French Alps, not even VT.
ski holidays
Quote:

Don't think there's any chance of that this season. I dearly want to ski again before the 'end of the season' but it ain't going to be in the French Alps, not even VT.

How can you safely predict that there is no chance of snow in Tignes in May? We were in Val Thorens in August this year and had heavy snow at village level!

There's been a lot of bad (and hysterical) press about snow conditions in France this season but the fact remains that there is (and still will be in May) some great skiing to be had.

I'll let you know how we got on when we get back from our May Day weekend trip Very Happy
ski holidays
Bergmeister wrote:
How can you safely predict that there is no chance of snow in Tignes in May? We were in Val Thorens in August this year and had heavy snow at village level!
Yes, but that was last year. I was still in Les Arcs this time last year - powder days!!

Bergmeister wrote:
There's been a lot of bad (and hysterical) press about snow conditions in France this season but the fact remains that there is (and still will be in May) some great skiing to be had.

Not where I was, unless you like skiing S&R, admittedly December and January were much better than the end of March, even Val T and Tignes were suffering by then.

I think people who go for a week or two are always optimistic and are determined to have a good time for that short period. When you're out there longer perhaps you have a more realistic view. In short, this season is/was the worst that most can remember in Les Arcs, when you ask locals or people doing more than a couple of weeks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy