Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This skier is obviously travelling at some speed ...

Poster: A snowHead
... but how fast is he going?

The clues are there
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
0 mph
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If he's going at 0 mph then why's there a sign telling him not to do slalom turns? Huh?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It must be my eyesight. The sign looks like it refers to someone in a vehicle Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure the ski hire shop hopes he's doing 0mph! No way anybody would ever do that with their own skis.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the road sign is saying "mind the drunk driver weaving around" Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As far as I can see he's gaining on the truck - the truck looks quite sharp in the image, whereas the skier is blurred.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith wrote:
As far as I can see he's gaining on the truck - the truck looks quite sharp in the image, whereas the skier is blurred.

The skier doesn't look like motion blur to me, so I would guess that the truck is in focus but the skier isn't.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wonder if anything is moving, the skier appears to have one ski on blacktop and the other on snow/slush which would be really difficult to schuss on as the blacktop would stop one ski as the other carried on, also there does not appear to be any trail back from the ski on the slush although it is difficult to be certainfinally the ehaust plume from the truck appears to be going almost vertically upward indicating that the truck is not moving
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Actually, on reflection, both the skier and truck could be stationary with the road moving backwards and beneath them, at some speed, like one of those running machines.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith, Puzzled

What on earth gives you the impression that anything is moving ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The rotation of the Earth, and its orbit around the Sun
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf wrote:
finally the ehaust plume from the truck appears to be going almost vertically upward indicating that the truck is not moving

Actually it's going at 120 mph with a 120 mph tail wind Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skiing home this year in the January storms after a little off piste down to Nancroix I was suprised to be overtaken on the XC piste by a Land Rover, and even more suprised when the XC piste had a snow plough heading up the other way a bit further on. It turned out that we were on the "main" road - very surreal experience, but I took the Landie on the hairpins and got to Peisey first!

As for the ski suit colours of the bloke above, surely its the German mountain corps doing a zone drop from the back of a refrigerated truck?
latest report
It looks pretty photoshopped to me??? No one notice the sign on the left side of the road is facing 180 degrees the wrong way? It should be facing on coming traffic. I would love to see someone do that just so I could watch them smash up on hard pavement. Not that would be a great laugh Laughing
latest report
huckingfellers wrote:
It looks pretty photoshopped to me??? No one notice the sign on the left side of the road is facing 180 degrees the wrong way? It should be facing on coming traffic.

Could be dual carriageway, looks like it is in the USA/Canada and they have huge medians between the traffic flows.

CP
snow report
This is the lad who was ski-ing with me today! He did the same thing (road ski-ing) near the restaurant!

ps: I'm afraid what my friend who rented him a nearly new pair of skis will say!!! Sad
ski holidays
Nah, that guy is in some vat and he's just imagining he's doing it in some place where they've invented stuff called snow. But this one is a real downer - must be a projection of some sort of frustration. He's going nowhere. I have dreams like that but its all a cruel joke... Boo Hoo
latest report
Reminds me of a plan Eddie Edwards once told me about, back in 1984, a couple of years before he took up ski-jumping. He wanted to break the world speed record on skis by being towed across a frozen lake by a Harrier jump jet. Perhaps fortunately, he was never able to organise the aircraft.
snow conditions
Martin Bell, that provides the perfect excuse for bringing out this old favourite again Very Happy
latest report
GrahamN wrote:
Martin Bell, that provides the perfect excuse for bringing out this old favourite again Very Happy

Holy sheet! That is crazy. If it is true that is one dumb man. LOL 4 miles would definately not be enough for one of those puppies. Wonder if it is true? Never will know.
snow report
huckingfellers, if you read it in full you will find it is not true, although I have seen a chap with a jet engine on the back of a pushbike Shocked
snow report
GrahamN, for JATO at it's (airshow) best try http://www.jameshart.co.uk/images/fatalbertjato.wmv
snow report
huckingfellers wrote:
It looks pretty photoshopped to me??? No one notice the sign on the left side of the road is facing 180 degrees the wrong way? It should be facing on coming traffic. I would love to see someone do that just so I could watch them smash up on hard pavement. Not that would be a great laugh Laughing

The sign is facing oncoming traffic . . .
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy