Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GVA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'll have 4 hours to kill at Geneva airport next Sunday - need to get there early for mates to catch flight to London (I'm flying back to Manchester later).

It's not the most exciting airport in the world and I know I can leave my snowboard bag in the train station lockers downstairs.

Would anyone recommend a quick 2-3 hour visit to Geneva itself - quick lunch by the Lac etc?

Thanks very much
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
franga, Trouble is all shops, etc will be closed, the only ones open are at the airport. It's also extremely expensive. If you do go you can get a free ticket at the airport for the train, it doesn't cost much for the return
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
franga, personally, I think I'd sit in one of the bars with a good book.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
franga, yes - I agree with pam w. In fact, there's some very comfy sofas and armchairs in the bar area...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
franga, I think you can only get the free ticket at baggage reclaim, airside.

The Natural History museum is pretty good and I want to get to the Ethnology museum, although it's not central , so maybe a pain.

Restaurant Casanova on the lake does nice fish. It is open on a Sunday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd recommend a trip into the city.

It's only 5 mins from the airport by train and there will be bars and cafes open around the lake. You can read your book there and the views will be better than from the airport...

The old town (5-10 minutes walk from the lake) is also worth a look. Nice old streets, a pedestrianised square and some pleasant bars and cafes. We found the drinks to be very reasonably priced there last summer. In fact I think we paid the same in Swiss Francs for drinks as would have been the cost in Euros in France. So at 1.5 to the pound instead of 1.15 it wasn't too expensive. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great - thanks for your input.

Think I'll go with Bergmeister's advice - nice way to finish off a trip to Val d'Isere.

Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To be fair in October when I had most of the day to hang around Geneva I had to put up with a teenage daughter bored with everything and unpleasant weather for most of the day. We enjoyed looking at the wierd architecture of the Schtrumpfs (Smurfs) area. Eating out is not cheap though. I bowed to the pressure to keep my daughter happy and a MacDonalds was £8 each.

Geneva
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy