Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Webcams censorship?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So as I am about to head to Portes Du Soleil, I have spent the last few days anxiously looking at all the webcams I could find for the area..
It made for fairly depressing viewing as you could nearly see the snow melt from one frame to the next. Some webcams showed some truly awful conditions..
Then, starting yesterday, some webcams stopped being "live". Not only that, they started showing shots that were about a month old and, you guessed it, showing conditions a lot lot better than the real ones..

I have seen wildly out of date webcams before, but the timing here seems it's nothing but cynical..

Have people picked up on similar cases before?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 17-03-11 13:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kruisler, yes, loads of resorts do it (cynical, money-grabbing barstewards). And they also do the opposite of course... look at Cairngorm right now putting out videos of the conditions. I don't blame them for one nanosecond (and I'll be up there next week Cool ) but I don't remember them putting out videos of horizontal rain and heather when times haven't been so darn good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
to be fair to cairngorm, their webcams have been live all season and what you see is what you get. even a couple of weeks ago they were showing rock and heather in greater amounts than snow.

Kruisler, we head out to courchevel on Sunday, but every single webcam i can find for the place is locked on March 4th or Under Maintenance!!!

Pretty rubbish really. I'm relying on the other 3Vs webcams to get a small idea about the conditions.

I feel the need to start another thread... Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller,
You expect them to gloat.
I can even understand taking the webcams offline in a way.
But putting up misleading shots it not cricket...
Have fun in Scotland..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shoogly,

try this http://www.courchnet.com/webcam/courchevel/118 - 17 march
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks v much dsoutar Very Happy

I know there's not massive amounts of fresh there, but it's always nice seeing snow on the trees Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shoogly, http://www.livecam360.com/#

I use this site on my computer and phone and Courchevel is working on it.

Le Signal is from a few days ago but Croissettes is live.

Sorry you can also see VT, Menuires and Meribel on the same site.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kruisler wrote:
So as I am about to head to Portes Du Soleil, I have spent the last few days anxiously looking at all the webcams I could find for the area..
It made for fairly depressing viewing as you could nearly see the snow melt from one frame to the next. Some webcams showed some truly awful conditions..
Then, starting yesterday, some webcams stopped being "live". Not only that, they started showing shots that were about a month old and, you guessed it, showing conditions a lot lot better than the real ones..

I have seen wildly out of date webcams before, but the timing here seems it's nothing but cynical..

Have people picked up on similar cases before?

As lighteningdan said, goto:

http://www.livecam360.com/webcam.php

The Avoriaz and Mossettes cams are always current and you can even see historic data.

Resorts that mess around with their cams like you describe don't deserve any clients.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
These all seem up to date???

http://www.gregh.co.uk/php/gfsruns.php?select=morzine
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This seems to be live and up to date:
http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/lesgets/interface.php?pk_interface=6&m=images&r=panoramique#depart

lots of empty chairs going round and round, lights seem to have been on in our neighbouring chalets most of the day, we have the fire alight, ironing done, e mails caught up with, admin generally sorted - 3C at moment. As they say, things can only get better.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 17-03-11 15:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys,
As I said "some" webcams, not all, conveniently starting to show older snaps
Anyway bring on PDS! Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kruisler, got any links to the fake ones??
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski,
I won't be near a pc for the next 4days so let you next week...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy