Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski pass tracking LDA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi does anybody know if its possible to track ski pass usage in Les Deux alpes ? and if so on what site? many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you ask nicely at the ticket office they can print out a record of where you've been. They'll assume you're a weirdo trainspotter though. Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My question is 'do you not know where you have been?' or is it you are trying to work out how far you have skied? If its the second get a Navman which is a type of GPS that measures how far, how fast, how long and vertical you have travelled. Hubby bought it for me several Xmas ago and calls it my boastmeter!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mogulski How does that work ?? Isn;t it a satnav for cars, I don;t use them so I really do not know how it would work when skiing...
Which model is it,? have you had to buy maps for Europe ???
They are £80 on Amazon so may be an affordable gizmo as I would like to know how far we ski thoughout the day - maybe it is a bit boastful / macho even but it would help as a target for my son to see how far, how high, how fast, we have gone throughout the day & keep him going.

Noisey
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just download skitracks if you have an iPhone!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
swskier, Depite popular belief not every one has an iphone, blackberry, 3g, smartphone NehNeh NehNeh
I can however text & make telephone calls from mine...
Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Noisey
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
noisey, a satnav is just a widget which uses orbiting satellites to record its location. You could attach one to your cat if it had a power supply. Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There was talk in 2009 that they would allow you to find out where you skied in the 3 valleys based onyour ski pass usage - although I am not sure they ahve actually acheived that on the web site as yet.

Noisey
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mine is a navman a300 which is no longer available. It was replaced by the X300 but that too has gone. I've had mine about 5 years and its great fun. Its a satnav on a strap that you wear on your upper arm. All the data comes up on the screen - but they do say don't try to read it while skiing. You can set it for just distance and height down or up and down. I wear it when hillwalking in summer with the up and down setting. Allows you to see exactly how far/fast you have gone but the main problem about going fast is finding a safe place. You need to wait till the end of the day when everyone has cleared off. One amazing thing is how little time you actually ski. We can go out for a whole day 9 - 5 plus so on piste for 8 hours but I have never managed to top 3 hours of actual skiing. The machine senses when you are moving downhill. It shows how much time is spent on uplift and we often eat sandwich lunch in a cabin. We do regularly top 60 km in day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Reply to nosey - his comment was its a bit boastful/macho.

We call it my boastmeter! I can bore you stiff with data - yes I'm a sado that logs how far/fast etc I ski.

I'm a female pensioner - not very macho I hope!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy