Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

affordable race training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone out there interested in getting together and setting some race camps up that are in the budget of most families, rather than £800 per week plus plus plus???? we have a group based at Avon Ski Club with the germ of an idea that could do with some knowledgeable help!!!
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iskar, we might be able to help or offer some advice or point you in the right direction etc....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks, can i call on the listed number?? will it make sense to anyone answering the phone?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
iskar,

Drop me a PM with your thoughts/requirements and i will see what i can do for you in Tignes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
iskar, drop us an email with exactly what you want and when you want it. And i can put a price on training within a couple of days. I was offering a £450pp deal with b&b on up to 10 people in 2 apartments last week. Details for that week and who we are, experience etc are here http://jjc-training.co.uk/valmeinier_march11.html

Have all the gear and a great location here in valmeinier, very child friendly as is situated just below the main resort but still has direct access to the piste, we also have no problem travelling to the place that is right for you.

email is jjcracetraining@gmail.com
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
iskar, hi yes it will be answered by either Rob or I (scott) and we can have a chat... looks like you have lots of offers of help stewart woodward, is very well connected in for racing in Tignes and I am sure would be able to help, jjc james, is a high level race coach with his own school and i coach minis for Hemel Ski race club and use to coach at Milton Keynes ski race club and perhaps can help somehow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for the responses, im taking them to our next com mtg , will get back to you
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey am off to coach the GB children's team in Abetone, Italy next week. The hotel is awesome but had no internet last year so may only be back online at the end of next week incase you try to contact me through snowheads.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey am off to coach the GB children's team in Abetone, Italy next week. The hotel is awesome but had no internet last year so may only be back online at the end of next week incase you try to contact me through snowheads.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As an update, we have teamed up with the premier race club in Bulgaria, and will be offering Race Camps/residential training in collaboration with them. Fortunately we have managed to get the services of an English qualified teacher, and our previous work with the club will ensure that all the athletes will be training with local children who spend their whole year training (theyre over in the black sea fitness training at the moment) and all for less than half the price of BSA....bargain!!! Razz
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
so a full season package at a bargain price, i guess that is why Bulgaria is where you ended up, good luck with the project, the reason that most places are £800 + a week is because that is how much accommodation and lift passes and training and transport etc cost in frace, italy and austria
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
iskar, Good luck with your venture.

I have to agree with CEM, In this area you largely get what you pay for in terms of quality of accommodation, race pistes, education and coaching.

This is why organisations such as Ambition have, this year and after several years of training, yielded superb results at British Champs etc.

Organisations such as this and ours deliver results, be it wins or improved performance by using experienced coaches who speak the same language, use understandable terminology and with the ability to explain fully and in the trainees native language.
You will also find that the training is athlete centric whereas 'slotting in' with an existing club may not deliver what one may require but, if cost is your major criteria, you have to organise what fits with that.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
whole heartedly agree with you, but having known these guys for quite a few years now, they must speak very good english as my Bulgarian sucks! Razz seriously they are very well qualified, both the english speaking coaches have worked with the National Team, and i believe one in three of the club are in one of the National Teams, its very well run and unlike our clubs here, very well funded!!! couldnt believe how much they get per year.

What we have found the last couple of years training alongside them, is that the differance in fitness between 'locals' and our kids from here is quite big, and gives them something to work too. But time will tell, at the end of the day, mileage on the snow will make a lot of differance, and who knows we might see some of our lot at the Brits!! Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy