Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brides Les Bains/Les Coches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone

I'm off for a week in Brides Les Bains with a mate then the missus is joining me for a week in Les Coches. Any pertinent do's, don'ts or advice. Me and my mate like to tear it up about so where should we be heading for in the 3V? The missus is somewhat more cautious so anything easyish around Les Coches

Now I'm just praying the old knees are up to 12 days Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'd probably enjoy going in the Les Arcs direction, whilst your missus would probably prefer going over to La Plagne, where there's loads of cruisy blues. There's a lovely cafe/bar just down the bottom part of Mont Blanc just around the corner from the top of the Plan Bois lift. There's a good patisserie in Belle Plagne by the cable car. There's some nice blues in all directions from Roche De Mio and down from La Grande Rochette. Avoid coming back down Mont Blanc in the evenings, use Pierre Blanches instead.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DixieDean wrote:
You'd probably enjoy going in the Les Arcs direction, whilst your missus would probably prefer going over to La Plagne, where there's loads of cruisy blues. There's a lovely cafe/bar just down the bottom part of Mont Blanc just around the corner from the top of the Plan Bois lift. There's a good patisserie in Belle Plagne by the cable car. There's some nice blues in all directions from Roche De Mio and down from La Grande Rochette. Avoid coming back down Mont Blanc in the evenings, use Pierre Blanches instead.

Isn't this a totally different resort/area? He's asking about 3v's not paradiski.....

Head towards CV for some great blacks and reds or over to VT for some long cruise red and blues...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crispyapplepie, I hope he means he's staying 6 days in 3V then moving across for 6 days in Les Coches for a crack at the Paradiski. If not then there's trouble brewing.

I'm afraid I have to report that Pierre Blanche has been closed due to lack of snow on the bits that catch the sun. It was actually cold last night though and maybe, just maybe snow making might recommence!!! So I'm afraid it's Mont Blanc down at the moment.

Les Coches gives equal access to La Plagne and Les Arcs so even this season there is always plenty to ski in both directions. Champagny on the back of Verdons and Grand Rochette has been poor at low levels all season and there's no chance of getting anywhere near Mont de la Guerre. Also Crozats and the new black Derechoir have also been closed all season. On the other hand because of the snow blown from cannons in January the blue down to Villaroger has been open all season which makes the 2000m down from the Aiguille Rouge into a run of over 10km.

Personal best stops for lunch......Borselliers (Champagny)....Forperet (Montalbert).....Inversens(for the onion soup). For hot chocolate with cream Arpette (above Belle Plagne) and Au Beaux Vieux Temps (above Plagne 1800)

Best lunch in Les Arcs La Bolée for pancakes in Arc 1950 and La Ferme in Villaroger. Best Arc coffee stop is Altiport to watch the waterglide on a warm Friday afternoon. It's hard to tear yourself away waiting for the next skier to nosedive into the water. Twisted Evil

Any other advice, please just ask.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy