Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon X-Wave boot heel plates - vain hope?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a pair of the screw-in, black, plastic heel plates from the Salomon X-Wave 9.0 boot series sold during the mid to late 90s. While I don't absolutely need them yet, they would be good to have as spare parts as I can see my current ones will wear down to unsafe/unuseable in the next two seasons or so.

As I have just invested one arm and one leg (alternate sides so I can still get some turns in) in a pair of foamie liners for my old shells, I will be wearing these boots to my grave. Thus I don't want to have to throw them away in a few year's time simply cos the little heelpiece has worn through.

It's a long shot but I thought a sH might be using an old pair of Salomons as pot plant holders or doorstops or something and might do me a favour. Happy to pay costs and reasonable beer money for the assistance (your old Salomons would still work as pot plant holders minus the heel plates, by the way).

Other alternative might be to find heel piece or two gathering dust on the top shelf out back of some in-resort hire shop.

Apologies - I'd post a pic except its beyond my keyboard capabilities right now. Any thoughts anyone?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Big Paua, you could try CEM (solutions 4 feet). He has loads of spares and if he doesn't have that one might know where you can find one.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam w. He may drop in shortly...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Big Paua, Had some fitted to my old Xwave boots - the shop couldnt source the correct ones but fitted another set and just ground the sides down so they fit flush.

It wasnt rocket science and they charged 10 euros for the pair, took them about 20 ins to do mine and SWMBO's boots ( xwaves also )It was at Alber Sport in St. A

I could be wrong but would have thought your Xwaves would have lost a lot of their flex and the plastic hardened up by now - they could be prone to shattering under a hard knock in cold conditions. But I'm no boot fitter.

As pam w, CEM would be a good bet for these.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Salomon boots all seem to have common heal and toe plates. Just pop into a decent shop in a resort. Im my experience, the average Intersport should stock them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for those top tips Bones and Kamikaze. Will follow up next week when in Canazei (can't wait!)

Bones, if I'm ever skiing hard enough and gnarly enough to shatter my boots, I'll be well pleased with myself and consider it a price worth paying but still, I get your point. Slightly worrying but let's see how they go on the flexing in the future. The possible lack of flex will be yet another handy excuse for me!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy