Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SOS - Can you recommend any high ski resorts within an hr's drive of Morzine?

Poster: A snowHead
Seeing as I am going there on Frday for eight days I dont fancy spending that time in slush!

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Within an hour??

You'll need to check the stats.... but I would look at;

• Avoriaz (higher than Morzine)
  • Flaine (back door is Morillon or Samoens and a good record of good snow when nowhere else has)
  • Chamonix
  • Les Contamines (good record of good snow when nowhere else has)

Other than that you're looking at longer than an hour to get to the southern alps.... Les Arc/Tignes/Val d'Isere is probably a couple of hours away.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Top of Flaine and Avoriaz I think are both about 2500m whereas Morzine is all under 2300m. Chamonix goes very high so should have some good skiing but the bottom is also very low- range from only just over 1000m to 3800 or something like that.

Verbier is close as well and quite a bit higher.

Good luck.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avoriaz was fine last week - just drive up to Ardent and go in that way or bus it to Prodains. Et Voila!

You'll be fine!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Verbier probably falls into the same category as Les Arcs/Tignes etc. If you were to head down there best bet would be to head up from Brides Les Bains into the Three Valleys. Still all quite a major drive. I'd get up early and make the most of the snow there is and have a beer in the sun in the afternoon rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Avoriaz might be getting very crowded - will obviously have the best snow around. We're nothing like as high but still collecting extra bods from lower areas.

Les Contamines would be worth a go - stay up above Signal and take the gondola down. When we tried Flaine one year, from here, it was no better. The very top was OK but there's not much of that and the Flaine bowl was both mushy and crowded.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im off to Chatel for the weekend and, right now, I plan to spend my time on the upper parts of Pre La Joux, Linga and across the way in Avoriaz.

Im also back again for the 1st week of April and again, I'm not too concerned right now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Years ago (before snowmaking) there was no snow in Les Gets or Morzine so we drove up to Avoriaz every day and had loads of snow Very Happy The TO's were bussing thier passengers up as well BUT charging 70 francs a day for the return trip.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
can anyone regale me with tales of impending blizzards to address my fears? first day on the slopes is planned for saturday

ps thanks all
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have driven from Les Gets to Verbier, arrived at 9 to find somewhere to park and enjoyed a really great day there a couple of years ago. From recollection with our reciprocal pass from our season pass it was half price. We were lucky as we had friends staying there and so although it was our first, and only, visit we were able to really make the most of the day and be guided. Ended up with a beer or two in the sun at the bottom at the end of the day.

We well remember the January a few years ago when Les Gets closed - it hasn't done so yet. Last three days we have enjoyed the Chamossiere, both sides down, as soon as the lift up there opened. Nyon was fine till late morning today.

Still hoping to do a trip over to Les Contamines as a very easy drive. I am always quite happy to take a gondola down at the end of the day if available to protect my knees.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
is chamossiere the lift with a black down one side and a red the other?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes it is.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nick0861, As far as flaine goes, Gers bowl should be good, as will agate if you like black moguls and the red fred from same lift as agate. Faust will be ok, just go left towards d. Noir chair and not the base. They are all the highest flaine has and all served by slow chairs or long drags and face north and not always open............
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
5" forecast for tomorrow on snow-forecast.com
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nick0861, think its the stupid horrid drag lift from memory. Although I was a) drunk and b) sore.
snow report
Quote:

5" forecast for tomorrow on snow-forecast.com

way up the mountain maybe - looks like rain at village level, though hopefully not as much as the current snow-forecast figure.
snow report
A friend reported Chamossiere as excellent on Sunday. He has done about 5 seasons so knows what he's talking about.

Unless the OP is after awesome off piste, I'm not entirely sure what he's so worried about.
snow conditions
under a new name, d'accord.
snow conditions
nick0861, If you have already bought the full area pass just head over to Avoriaz/Chatlet side and it should be fine over there.

We found the Free skibus or drive to Ardent is the quickest way to get high.

You can use the Super Morzine lift direct from town to get over to Avoriaz via 3 lifts and gentle blue runs. More of a pain coming back this way as you have to use a Tbar or a very flat run to get to the Super Morzine. If you don't want a slushy return use the Gondola from Avoriaz down the cliff (Les Prodains) and get the free ski bus back to town.

As Pamski says Nylon/Chamossiere area should be ok too and that is high but on the other side of the town. She should know as she is out there !

You will have a great time
snow conditions
all fairly encouraging. I will also be there at the WE.. Very Happy
ski holidays
Pamski,

i remember i did that a few times in mid january - the black was great but half waty down the red there was about 50m of sheet ice right across the piste
snow conditions
thanks all

under a new name, am a piste basher but reading some of the posts on the forum they sound to be in a sorry state in places - when 30mm of rain is forecast at 1500m that doesnt inspire with confidence

Jake43, thanks i have used ardent and nyon before so am ok with that - sounds like they shouldnt be too bad. we are going to buy passes as and when and try to go where snow likely to be best
latest report
Nadenoodlee is right (I just got back from PdS last night).

Get up early - park at Ardent - Bubble up, Chaux Fleurie & ski Le Linga/Chatel till lunch. A quick beer and tartiflette in Les Lindarets, up to Mossettes, have a play in Switzerland (the reds back from Les Crosets were still nice yesterday afternoon) ski down Abricotine and the slush to Ardent, call it a day at 3 and you're sorted Happy

Plenty of stuff from Prodains too.

Not so keen on the the other side - Staggered to hear "Chamossiere as excellent on Sunday" being quoted - I was over there on Saturday - Creux was ok but Arbis was one of the worst runs I've ever done (and it used to be a favourite).
ski holidays
I can recommend this chalet! It is absolutely amazing, just huge and it has its own bar Smile

I came on this forum about 2 weeks ago wondering if anyone had ever stayed here and I took the risk and booked it, got back 2 days ago and had to come on here and rave about the place. Check out the website here, the lasy that runs the place is called Beth [MOD: SPAM LINK REMOVED]
The positioning of this chalet is perfect for Morzine etc and the skiing/boarding is amazing.

Good luck in finding somewhere

The Fusilier
snow conditions
TheFusilier, OP hasn't indicated that he is looking for accommodation Confused
snow conditions
TheFusilier wrote:
I can recommend this chalet! It is absolutely amazing, just huge and it has its own bar Smile

I came on this forum about 2 weeks ago wondering if anyone had ever stayed here and I took the risk and booked it, got back 2 days ago and had to come on here and rave about the place. Check out the website here, the lasy that runs the place is called Beth [MOD: SPAM LINK REMOVED]
The positioning of this chalet is perfect for Morzine etc and the skiing/boarding is amazing.

Good luck in finding somewhere

The Fusilier

Not again.... rolling eyes
latest report
Montana, thought it rang a bell. Just makes me more determined not to stay there.
snow report
Quote:

the lasy that runs the place

Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, lazy? Laughing
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
nick0861, think its the stupid horrid drag lift from memory. Although I was a) drunk and b) sore.

Sounds about the right order.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy