Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should bloodwagons be controlled by boarders?

Poster: A snowHead
This question is posed in a totally unprejudiced fashion. I am completely neutral on this.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They should be controlled by anyone who's fast enough and can stay in control, I don't think it makes any real difference weather it's a skier or a boarder
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whatever is the fastest, safest way to get down the mountain.

My main concern would be on flatter bits of terrain.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good Grief! You numpties, that's not a blood wagon that's the emergency ganja relief team . . . Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf, You're right of course. I must admit though that I can't see how a boarder has the fine precision of control that a skier in a snowplough does. I reckon it'll remain a rare sight.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's just a born-again boarder for Jesus parking his @rse on a convenient prop to avoid sitting in the snow.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 12-07-05 15:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was he just trying to grind on a ladder, and he fell through?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It would seem that a boarder is at a disadvantage in that their direction of travel is perpindicular to the axis of their body, making it difficult to control the blood wagon behind them.

Masque if you run out of Ganja, they just take away your board.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer, running out is one of the greatest sins to commit, takes all the fun out of sitting (etc.) and suddenly realising that falling into the scenery at speed hurts.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm surprised no one's made a couple of observations yet, though it's a hot day. Firstly, the patroller is riding goofy (which isn't that significant).

But what if he has to make a left turn? Huh?

And what if he wants to ride straight down the fall-line? Tricky, in view of the hand-grip.

Here's a little secret. As far as I can make out, this photo was shot only a few days ago at the Lindauer Queenstown Festival, New Zealand: www.winterfestival.co.nz
It's one photo on a large gallery on that site.
Maybe the boarder-patroller is pulling some kind of stunt (no, it's a bloodwagon - Ed.) for a competition. Could our NZ correspondent please clarify this?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't think it would be that difficult for a boarder who knew what they were doing, I can remember very large sleds being used to deliver goods in villages in the winter, their drivers just had big boots and they would hold themselves off the ground using the front of sleds runners, they could control very large loads so a boarder should be able to have just as much control
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When I was bloody wagonned the rescue guys were skiers and it was so steep one of them took a ski off to stick in the snow to stop the wagon- and myself- from sliding off down to the mountain to an untimely death. Fair enough there were ropes and all, but the guy holding them looked like he'd been up all night solid and wasnt that worried about letting another "stupid english girl" just slide away!

To be fair- they did a great job and the pain was overtaken by the fear of one of my bunches getting stuck under the wagonwhich i thought would make me flip over and break my neck - yes i was probably delirious!
It was damn quick aswell, but at around £200 for a 20min job - they should be bloody fast! Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer wrote:
It would seem that a boarder is at a disadvantage in that their direction of travel is perpindicular to the axis of their body, making it difficult to control the blood wagon behind them.

That was pretty much what i was thinking.....

Just to be ever the awkward sod, skiers are used to poles..... so why not have skiboarders (bladers to euros who prefer hoover to vacuum NehNeh) pulling them!? They are used to having no poles and have devilishly manoeverable sliding devices! Toofy Grin

Adam
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the kind of skiers who manoevre blood wagons have no problem without poles, and they can do the most fantastic snowploughs in the world. The quads on those fellows.... but snowplough on blades? With a big weight behind? Wouldn't that be a lot less stable platform than either skis or a sideslipping snowboard?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, it wasn't so much falling into the scenery that used to get on my nerves, it was slamming into the ground with no warning whatsoever.
latest report
Kramer, You've got to get your meds balance right. The proper combination and everything happens in s l o w m o t i o n . . . lots of warning . . . but why care, it ain't gonna hurt Madeye-Smiley
snow report
In seriousness I guess we should take our hats off to these bloodwagon pilots. Imagine wiping out and having that mass of metal come down on top of you - it has to have happened from time to time.

As Nade says, there must be situations where controlling those sleds must be near-impossible.
ski holidays
Masque, hello pretty trees, hello lovely snow, hello shiny ice... Very Happy
snow report
Kramer, Laughing Laughing Laughing

In that position, do snowHead s who have tried both sliding and skiing reckon he can actually exert more braking force than a skier snowploughing?
snow conditions
kuwait_ian, Certainly more braking, but it could be more tiring. Apart from very icy conditions, it might even be a little easier to control a sled with a board than skis . . . but only trying it would be the test.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy