Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance and 'Fringe' snow sports.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can't see anything mentioned in any winter sports holiday insurance to cover any of the Fringe snow sports (such as Blading,Telemarking. Monoskiing,etc) out side of tradditional skiing or snowboarding.

I am not talking about off piste either.

There seems to be a grey area which is not in the small print but could be used by the insuring company to invalidate the cover.

Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cc_7up, Direct Travel specifically names all the fringe snow sports as covered see here :-

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/faq/what-winter-sports-activities-do-you-cover.aspx
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cc_7up, I'd have thought that all of those you've mentioned are classed as "skiing". What we would traditionally call Skiing is technically "Alpine" I think.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As Elizabeth B, says think those are all skiing, after all how do you distinguish where a short ski becomes a blade?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd think those are all "skiing", too.

The most important fringe sport from the point of view of yer average holiday maker is probably toboganning - a dangerous pastime (especially if undertaken whilst drunk) and one which may not always be covered.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My Ski Club policy document says that these are included: Big-foot skiing, cross-country skiing, curling, dog sledding, glacier skiing, ice skating, off-piste skiing / snowboarding, mono-skiing, skiing, recreational ski racing, ski touring (including where ropes are involved for safety reasons) snowboarding, snowparks, snowshoeing, sledging, snow blading, telemark and tobogganing. The "executive" version of the policy adds in: Bobsleighing, cat skiing, heli skiing / boarding, ice climbing (amateur) involving the use of ropes and snow mobiling.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davkt wrote:
As Elizabeth B, says think those are all skiing, after all how do you distinguish where a short ski becomes a blade?

below 100cm it does not require a release binding... so my best guess would be there
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy