Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Official British Ski Instructional Film

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads

I thought some of you guys might enjoy the following YouTube video:

http://youtube.com/v/2DPh-7vZ2Ww

What do you reckon, 1970s?

I'd say so judging by the equipment but do your reckon it's early, late or mid 70s? I'm kinda thinking mid to late ...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah I'd agree though I'm inclined to suggest closer to mid 70's than late 70's

Mind you some of those potential instructors had a horrid stance in their snowplough turns, really sitting back over the tails of the skis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome, love these old movies Toofy Grin

Yeah D G Orf I wonder if they changed the stance and passed, surely they didn't pass sitting so far back!

Awesome sequence on the White Lady, I remember people skiing down it like that (legs glued together) - zowee what a blast form the past. Love the hot dogging too Very Happy

As for dating it I'd say mid to late 70s is about right - all the boots are buckled as far as I can see and all plastic but no rear entry which I guess some of them would have if they'd been around. When did rear entry first start appearing in numbers, was it the early 80s or a bit earlier than that? I notice quite a few of them have those old flared stretch pants with padded knees like the slalom racers used to wear, which to me would suggest later rather than earlier 70s. There's an armless puffer jacket in there too, I seem to recall they appeared around the late 70s or were they popular before that? Funny to think those sorts of jackets are back in vogue now!

Great stuff all in all and to think I'll be doing a BASI course at Cairngorm in a few weeks time Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice Laughing

I've been taught by two of them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely! Do you think one of them was David Goldsmith? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
roga, I remember ski trousers not dissimilar to those being around in something like 77 and those shorter jackets were popular then as well, most of those techniques were being taught in the 70's when I learnt to ski so I'll go with 77 as the year
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi wrote:
Lovely! Do you think one of them was David Goldsmith? Toofy Grin

No but he's getting quite excited by it on Facebook. His verdict is that it is within a year either side of Spring '75 when he did his.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Now I think I understand the Eurotest issues Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anarchicsaltire, Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I love the double single leg 360 with head flip. And the whatever-it-was tail spin. Conditions on the White Lady look rather like much of the French alps at the moment. wink

Not a helmet in sight!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And now jumping forward to 2011...

http://youtube.com/v/Iya8QJOivhA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^ boy, Cairngorm sure has changed Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From a fascinating discussion on Facebook about this video I can now give you a date - apparently it was filmed in May 1976.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy