Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet and weight

Poster: A snowHead
This may have been covered previously and isn't the usual rant.

I travelled from Bristol to Geneva yesterday with hold baggage weighing 20.1kg and the girl at the check in desk put a 'heavy' label on the bag and wrote 20kg on the label!

I've not seen this before on anything less than at least 23kg. Anyone else seen it or have any idea why this happened?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dare I say that the poor check in girl didn't know the difference between overweight (ever so slightly wink ) and heavy? Either that or she's been watching come fly with me Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bristol - Probably the countrys worst airport.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Be happy she didn't charge you £10.
Off to BRS tomorrow am ........
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I actually got the same with Swiss at London City a couple of weeks ago when my bag weighed 20.4kg, which I was quite surprised about too. They didn't charge me any excess.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's probably more to do with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended in 2002) which mean you require special training and procedures to handle anything over 20kg (15kg for women).

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg143.pdf
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As above...its EJ covering their backs.Dont forget,the baggage handlers dont work for EJ,and woe betide any airline that does not label 'heavy' items....and causes a back injury as a result.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I checked in a bag on EJ flight from Innsbruck - 18.5kg. I then transferred in Gatwick and had to check same bag in again - 20.5kg. Glad they never asked me to pay for excess. If they ever do, I will demand a second weighing!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We found the Gatwick scales were a long way off too.
We have a wee thing to weigh our bags before we leave so we know we're roughly ok. My bag was approx 15.5kg on our scales and 18 on theirs! On our way back, the Grenoble scales were extremely close to the measurement given by ours.

Does anyone know how possible it is to question the scales in an airport? If they weigh your bag as over the limit but your own measurement is much lower what can you do? I've not been in that situation but some airlines have hefty excess baggage fees....

KT
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Philbo wrote:
This may have been covered previously and isn't the usual rant.

I travelled from Bristol to Geneva yesterday with hold baggage weighing 20.1kg and the girl at the check in desk put a 'heavy' label on the bag and wrote 20kg on the label!

I've not seen this before on anything less than at least 23kg. Anyone else seen it or have any idea why this happened?

I flew aith Air Berlin and had a bag of 19.9kg, they put a "heavy" tag on that. On closer inspection of the tag it said "this tag to be applied to all bags 20kg and over" (or words to that effect). It made no difference to me, the check clerk in was fine and was not a problem, it's just a process thing I guess. Does it really matter? Did they charge you more for the bag?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Bristol - Probably the countrys worst airport.

Worse than Gatwick? Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles, Flew out of North terminal recently. Lots of seats to sleep on, stretched out, overnight. Quiet. What's not to like.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Er what is the problem?

Did the bag arrive?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No problem, just surprised
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No problem, just surprised
ski holidays
cad99uk, you're probably right. I hardly use it now - and to be fair it was fine in January. But I have some awful memories from years gone by.
ski holidays
Achilles - Bristol - Definately the worst, with the worst security staff.
ski holidays
I was amazed by Gatwick last week.

OK, it was a midweek flight (not skiing), leaving at 09:30 for Grenada/Tobago.

But we were dropped off by the guest house courtesy car at about 07:25, and 15 minutes later we were in the departure lounge.

No queue at all for the Monarch check in, and only about 5 minutes to get through security. It did take longer coming back through this morning, but that was partly because the "pier" failed, and we had to disembark via steps which took a while to arrive. We were still at the pick up point about 50 minutes after touching down.
ski holidays
Last year I was in and out of both the North and South terminals at Gatwick and I was very impressed. Much better than Heathrow's 'other' terminals in my experience.
ski holidays
Philbo, just back from a trip yesterday, Easyjet put a "Heavy 14Kg" sticker on my ski bag

Puzzled
ski holidays
One big Easyjet perk for me is the fact that they 'pool' the weight when travelling with a group. Particularly as my bag was on the limit on the way back last Tuesday Embarassed

I have a Salomon ski travel bag, great bag except that it's quite heavy before you put anything in it. Next year (only fly to ski for one weekend) am going to bring my skis and put other clobber in a duffle bag.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy