Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best snow in Tyrol or near next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I'm writing from Ischgl. I've been enjoying a great week, despite the Carnival crowd (just a bit queuey, but it's ok after all).

Since it's my first time in Austria, I'm considering staying for another week; apparently the expected snow from Siberia isn't going to come after all, though, so I'm afraid the snow conditions won't be that great around here next week (already these days it's been a mix between slush and icy - which hasn't detracted too much from the wonderful experience, mind you). In case I decide to move somewhere else, any advice on the best place to go (in terms of snow/temperature conditions), hopefully in Tyrol or not too far away? I'm looking for a large resort, 150-200Km+. I've been checking j2ski's reports and it seems most resorts in the area are having high temperatures at the moment... any advice from all of you forecast freaks? Wink

A few comments about Ischgl: it's my first time here and i absolutely love the place. I'm not after the whole apres-ski thing, I just find the slopes really nice and reasonably challenging. I was in Mayrhofen/Hintertux just before coming here, and though I liked a few slopes (especially on the glacier) I'm finding Ischgl way better, or at least more suited to my skiing taste; longer runs, nice curves and lots of reds and blacks. I'm staying in Kappl, which is not too inconvenient, though I'm under the impression there's more skibuses to/from Galtur.

Let's see what you think, then...
Thanks a lot!
Matteo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try hochzillertal...went there over half term and it was superb
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about stuben if you're not bovvered about the apres? Stuben has a great snow record. Should only take an hour from kappl
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy