Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Personalising a board/ski bag?

Poster: A snowHead
This year was the first year I had my own equipment to take with me. On arriving at Geneva and waiting for my board bag to be offloaded I quickly realised that I had bought a generic burton bag, and every time one came on to the carousel and was removed by someone else I had that panic-y feeling that both my snowboard and my gorgeous new ski's were going to end up in someone else's chalet somewhere in the alps far far away from me!!

So, how do you personalise your bag to ensure this doesn't happen?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If flying, I have my precious skis in an unattractive naff looking old bag, the type which probably contained some monster 220cm atomics in the mid 1980's.

If anybody was on the look out for some new skis from an airport carousel, I doubt they would raid my bag first.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a luggage strap which is personalized with my name which I wrap round my board bag a few times. They're not all that expensive - I think I paid less than £10 for mine - and the one I have has a lock on the clasp so it doesn't come off.

KT
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spray paint initials or any mark really, on the bag. Or tie a piece of ribbon\string etc round handle. Job done.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I write my name on it.

Radical I know.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Get a pen. Write name. Job's a good 'un.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a Salomon bag which as you say looks pretty generic.

I just tippexed my name on both the end panels (which are black).

In some airports (Innsbruck and Salzburg being two) the skis don't come off on the carousel, but are in trolleys outside, and the end panels are the easiest bit to see.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Put a Snowheads sticker on it. snowHead
If by chance someone else with the same type of bag also has a snowheads sticker on their's and goes to examine the bag, no problem - it let's you meet another Snowhead! Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The problem with luggage straps is that when people buy them, they tend to pick a colour which "the whole family can use", ie. a colour which the man in the house will agree to use. That's why my straps are pink and turquois. Very visible and actually repels 50% of the population from picking the bag up by mistake. + the wife loves them. Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a rather untasteful rainbow luggage strap for the same reasons as SkiingDad - works every time!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We just bought a bright pink board bag from TKMaxx. Nobody goes near it, let alone has one the same.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fly with it a few times and the inevitable baggage hadler abuse will ensure that your duct tape repairs provide ready identification. I did see a guy recently with a tag that proclaimed boldly " IT'S NOT YOURS!!".
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Far from wanting to sound like a typical female, I don't spend £100 on a board bag just to scrawl all over it with tip-ex. I'm quite precious about my stuff!

I was debating 'sew on patches' or some kind of sew on lettering - was curious to know if anyone else had done owt exciting!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you want an extra-special bag, not like anybody else's, how about making this cross stitch of the Happy Royal Couple and then sewing it to your bag?

http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-William-Catherine-Royal-Collection-Cross-Stitch_352412.htm
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair Pink wrote:
Put a Snowheads sticker on it. snowHead

Would that we could..... But where could one could get hold of such an elusive item.....?
snow conditions
Karis. wrote:
Far from wanting to sound like a typical female, I don't spend £100 on a board bag just to scrawl all over it with tip-ex. I'm quite precious about my stuff!

I was debating 'sew on patches' or some kind of sew on lettering - was curious to know if anyone else had done owt exciting!

A HUNDRED quid on a bag?! Why?!
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
Karis. wrote:

A HUNDRED quid on a bag?! Why?!

Because without meaning to come across like a total t**t, I wanted something substantial to carry my £600 ski's and £400 snowboard!! Fair enough, no?
ski holidays
It's your money, but my £30 double ski bag takes either two sets of skis, or one set, boots + other gear and a few weeks worth of clothes 'substantially' enough. If I had more money I might splash out on one with wheels, but even then £100's a lot.
latest report
My bag was closer to 100 than 30 to be fair, and i'm sorry but it's simply a better bag than available for 30 quid, which really isn't the point of the thread here.

Personally I have a couple of alpinestars stickers at the foot of it on the hard plastic so I recognize it. Though they're getting a bit tatty now so i'll probably put something else on soon.

Or some duck tape over a plastic part with your name written on that?
ski holidays
Quote:

My bag was closer to 100 than 30 to be fair, and i'm sorry but it's simply a better bag than available for 30 quid

How? And wheels don't count, that's the only thing that would make mine better, but they're not gonna make it £70 more expensive.
snow report
Karis., I get the bit about not wanting to deface your own bag. I have a similar viewpoint, but again still like to know what stuff is my own. So you need something ultimately removable (who knows you might want to sell the bag 2nd hand one day), but permanant enough to withstand the journey, and smart enough to not mind sticking it on an expensive bag. Printed or coloured luggage straps sound the way forwards - get a lockable one and it might pass through the handles and delay a thief by a few moments. Other things that I like to use as markers are coloured tags and key rings that will go through the zippers, I find things round handles work well or smartly matched circles of tape around handles at neat intervals. Depending on the bag thickness it might also be possible with a strong needle and thread to embroider something unique into the fabric of the bag. Some coloured metal studs sewn on or placed with a stud machine might also be an option - maybe in a pattern or even some 'blingy' flat buttons sewn on it. It just needs to be strong enough to withstand 'transit'
ski holidays
I'm very hurt that nobody seems to like my idea of a Royal Wedding cross-stitch. wink
snow report
pam w, Oh dear. If I say I like it... would that help?

For a small fee... obviously... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
What's a bag?
snow report
Schuss in Boots, no thanks, I'm going to sulk now. In a huff. Some people are just soooooooooooooooooooooo unappreciative. Madeye-Smiley

If not a cross-stitch Royal Couple, how about some tapestry kittens?
snow conditions
pam w, Tapestry kittens.... now you're talking. Madeye-Smiley Is it time for our annual picnic with the Pope yet? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I wouldnt dream of writing my name on my bag,thats just wrong.
she stays at home with the kids Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I used to have a red and grey striped poloshirt that got too old. I ripped it up and tied strips onto all my bags, now i just look out for the extra bit. BUT ive also got a blue and black checked dakine bag that ive not seen another of yet so im good to go....apart from the fact it looks nice, new and expensive and is probably option one for any budding thief =/
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have a neon pink board bag. Job done.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy