Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter skiing LDA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Desperate for a final ski fix this year and with little work holiday left, I can only really ski again over the Easter break. With that in mind I have booked a nice little hotel in les deux alpes. I know it's late in the year but I'm sure I have skiied at this time before on good snow (about 10 years ago,so can't confirm the dates).
Am I right in booking les deux alpes for this time, given it's high altitude?(I know it all depends on the snow nearer the time, but I'm talking about general trends) Will there be enough open to keep us (red cruisers) happy for the four day break?
Any other tips on the resort?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good choice. Very Happy It's about as snowsure as you'll get and a great resort. Two out of our last six Easter trips since '05 have been to L2A & both times there's been plenty of snow to not only enjoy the high runs on the mountains of the eastern side but we've had no problem getting down to the village on good snow either. It does naturally get a bit slushy at the very bottom but the sun can be baking hot. The smaller hills served by the chairlifts over the road on the other (western) side of L2A will look a bit sorry for themselves though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I shall be there from 9th, 5th year running during school Easter holidays. Never had problems with snow except last year it snowed every day, too much of it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Happy days! So it looks like a good choice. Just to avoid confusion I booked the proper Easter break of 21-25 April to ski and not the time of the school break.
Any other tips gratefully received.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There will be plenty of snowks around as long as you don't expect to be able to ski back down into the village. You may be able to on one of the blacks but if you can, treat this as a bonus.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just come back from LDA and they have plenty of snow stashed in nice neat rows at the top of the glacier. That combined with the altitude, the snow cannons and the good state of the snow as it lies at the moment makes it pretty likely you will be fine Smile

Enjoy! I'm very jealous - wish I was still there...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ooh...as a tip for the resort, if you need to hire any equipment or have boots fitted/anything fixed go and see Eric in Ski Republic (opposite the polar bear bar near the diable lift end of the town). They're great in there, the equipment is good quality and its where all the resort staff go (instructors, chalet hosts, reps etc). Eric is American as well so explaining things is easy as it can all be done in English rather than French.

My husband has problems with his boots and they were able to get them fitting really well with some insoles. They also didn't charge the earth.

It might also be where I bought a really pretty board which is a dream to ride... Blush

KT

(P.S I have no ties to the shop and have never worked there - was just really impressed by level of service etc)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies. We have all our own gear (just got some Scott crusades,so it was a great excuse to book the holiday to christen them, as long as it's not a rockfest!) so won't be hiring but thanks anyway.
Can anyone recommend some mountain restaurants for lunch, preferably table service rather than a self service canteen.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
daveqpr, La Fee or Diable au Coeur
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
daveqpr, Came back Sunday, only Valentins (black) was open into town, though it was snowing when we left.

The snow is in good nick higher up

Eating try Chalet de la Toura, table service just by the snow park and a good point to go up or down to various sectors
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure if Vallee Blanche side is normally open that time of year, but the Bergerie Kanata over that side serves very nice food.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

its where all the resort staff go (instructors, chalet hosts, reps etc)

That what he told you? Laughing Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

Hehe Laughing Laughing

Ok, so I may be rather naieve (Little Angel) in believing that but in my defense it actually wasn't the guys in the shop that claimed it - we were recommended to go there by our boarding instructor (who lives there year round), two seperate reps and our chalet hosts - all of whom have bought boots, skis or boards from the shop. Small sample size but all that we had to go on as we had no access to the internet so no chance of asking on here!

The recommendations flooded in after the gear we rented from the TO recommended shop was useless. I went through 4 sets of bindings in 3 days!! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

Considering both you and Mr. Lizzard buy pretty much everything from me I find that claim to be fairly grounded... Wink Oh and your boots are ready!

@kaoticturtle - Thanks for the kind words. Glad you're enjoying your new board!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy