Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowbombing - Has anyone been? Tell us your stories if you have.

Poster: A snowHead
I heard of the snowbombing in Mayrehofen a couple of years ago, I have never managed to get some time off when it's on. Has anyone been that would like to give us some more details or advice?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boarder7064, one of the lads I work with has been twice - my advice (as the employer) is take 2 days off after before you come back to work Laughing

Seriously, he had a great time when he was there, but he could only afford go to because he was involved in some of the organising so got free transport & (maybe) accommodation; he reckoned it was really expensive. He doesn't even ski or board!

Accomodation gets booked quickly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, thanks, sounds good. I had a feeling it would be expensive with the DJ line up they have. He doesn't ski or board! He's missing out on half the party Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
again never been myself, but have a friend who's been a couple of times. In her experience it's was about the partying with maybe a bit of riding around lunchtime once the searing pain of the jagerbombs has worn off a bit
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways, Ah, I fear I may be getting a bit too old for it then wink It's all about the riding for me now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, I went a few years ago. I had a great time but if you want to ski hard and party hard, then it does get very tiring and booking a recovery day or two off work might not be a bad idea! Rather sadly, I ended up having early evening naps between coming off the slope and dinner, to make sure I could enjoy the evening and still be on the slopes by say 10am the next day.
There are bands playing through the afternoon on the mountain, there is usually various other day events/competitions, etc and in the evening there are a choice of venues with different music going on until the small hours, plus the street party, forest clearing gig. The backcountry party is apparently worth paying the extra for, ditto the iglu party. Unsuprisingly, the slopes are pretty empty first thing!
As to costs, I didnt think it was bad value. Apartment places or hotels per person start from just over £200 for a week, and considering this includes the festival wristband too, thats pretty good value for a weeks accommodation and a week of bands, DJs and events. Then you just need the lift pass (approx 200€), food, booze and transport. They offer buses from the UK for about £100, or you could join the rally drive, or fly and get their bus transfer. The partying is as cheap or expensive as you make it.
If you love boarding and love festivals, this is not to be missed!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boarder7064, I've been twice - 2005 & 2006.

I looked at this years event but passed on it as I didn't think it was good value for money. When I went it was a full week's boarding and events. I noticed this year it was only 4 or 5 days - mind you, the Prodigy were playing there this year so it could of been worthwhile if anyone was a fan of theirs!

It's all about the boarding for me too - that is much more important than the apres Very Happy

Having said that, I did go to The Big Snow festival in Andorra in March this year. Not as big as Snowbombing but a brilliant event and some superb riding Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carettam, Dobz, I wish I was in my 20's again, it sounds brilliant. Oh well, I will settle for a day on the mountain then hitting the jacuzzi hard in the evenings wink I don't think my body could cope with burning the candle at both ends and then riding all day. I would be gutted to go all that way spending that kind of money and not getting the most out of the mountain. I sound like a right old git, I'm on 32 Confused Cheers for the info though fella's.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boarder7064, you'll find that 32 is a whipper-snapper on SnowHeads, i'm 37 and join you and the rest in the 'its all about the mountain and perhaps the hot-tub especially is there are a few tinnies cooling in the snow nearby' brigade. And now the kids are here my membership in the 'trot the globe riding off the beaten track' looks decidely shakey until they turn 18 and they're out the door... only another 18 years to go...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boarder7064 wrote:
carettam, Dobz, I wish I was in my 20's again, it sounds brilliant.

I haven't met carettam, but I have met the charming Dobz on a Snowheads Bash to Wengen a few years ago, and whilst it would be ungallant of me to discuss a lady's age in detail, I hope she doesn't mind me saying that she is no longer in her 20's either Smile . Just goes to show it's not your age that matters, it's your outlook on life! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink, Don't get me wrong I'm a big kid and love extreme sports and the social side of it but hangovers tend to last days now and not hours Confused

Richard_Sideways, Another 18 years? I'm sure you could squeeze some in. I think my choice of not having children is starting to suit my lifestyle, I see your scenario happening a lot to my friends. Anyway getting back on topic, I think i may just have to grow some balls and get my ass snowbombing - you only live once!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boarder7064, Growing balls is the first step to getting you into my predicament, and looking at the Ski Espirit website for your snow fix. (were off in January for a week in the Paradiski area, 2 kids in tow, 2yo and 7months)

But if you grow really BIG balls, like something a bit different and like your mountains, save up and enter the legendry banked slalom race at Mt Baker (google it). Some of the biggest names in boarding have competed in it and I THINK it's still an open entry event. Some say that it was the birthplace of boardercross.
- of course I went in 2005 or 'the year of no snow' and the event was cancelled, as was half of Mt Baker, thank-you el nina...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alastair Pink, Thank you, kind sir Very Happy

Boarder7064, I wish I was 32 again - add 20 to that and that's me Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

As Alastair Pink, said, it's one's outlook on life that matters which is why I'm off to Creamfields tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dobz, Your only as young as you feel. I like your style Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The best thing is to just go on a normal holiday during the same week as Snowbombing.

The slopes are always totally empty, while all the Ibiza dickhead crowd are in bed with their amateurish hangovers.
snow report
paulio, lol - love your thinking Cool
snow report
Boarder7064, been to three and I'm a seriously old fart. These were the early ones that were sorta done on the hoof and still saw the snow as part of the event, but great fun. Seems these days it's more about who's headlining. paulio's probably got the best idea, go to the same resort at the same time and blag yer way into the events that you want to see . . . there are plenty that are so far gone by teatime that you can steal their identity with ease . . . but that would be a baaaad thing . . . wouldn't it wink
ski holidays
If you are all about the snow and less keen on the party, then you could do what others have said, just book yourself a holiday to Mayrhofen for that week. I knew someone who did this and really enjoyed it. The slopes will be fairly empty in the morning but you will still get the party atmosphere with the mountain bands, street party and watching crazy fools ski around in fancy dress. When I went, the event staff were pretty hot on checking wrist bands on entry so not sure how easy it would be to blag yourself into a few gigs. Worth a shot?

As to age, I am still just about clinging on to my twenties but generally my ski holidays are ski hard, then chill with a few glasses of vino. I am glad I went to snowbombing but I couldnt handle it every year, especially if it was my only ski holiday. But I think that is just me, and has nothing to do with age. I am ashamed to admit that I am often out-partied by those with a couple of decades on me. Yes, there were a large number of 18yo party types but also a huge age range of attendees. You are definitely never too old, it is just your state of mind.
snow conditions
Hi all,

Can anyone get me the low down on these wrist bands for the festival ?

I have booked up my stag do for the SB for that week but wanted the full week rather than just the 4 days and found nicer accommodation with brekkie etc at a good price going through Nielsons, cut a long story short, i am now finding out that to get in anywhere we are going to need a wrist band which are only available through SB site its self and will only be sold with accommodation ???!!!!!

Can someone tell me is it easy to get tickets for a gig on the door when there ? Can we buy wrist bands when we get there ? are there touts selling tickets in the resort ? can you sneak in ?

Basiclly before i go changing all my booking can anyone that has been before tell me if me and 18 mates are gonna look like out casts if we dont get these wrist bands ? Love my boarding but was hoping to down down and dirty a couple of nights and do bars / clubs etc but what im reading is the whole resort is locked down with SB and with out these wrist bands your be walking around on the wrong side of the fence for all parties and will be a waste of money by not getting these WB ??

help !!!!!
latest report
number1barginboy, Yes, you can get just wristbands. Check on the Snowbombing website. Also, when I went they were selling them in the resort. I don't think they are that cheap though but there were plenty of places you could go and party without a wristband.
snow conditions
This is probably one of the best festivals out there. We have been for the last few years and it gets better each year. My advice would be to get a wristband before you go there or book direct. The resort is taken over by Snowbombing and apart from a few bars and a street party there is no where to go without a wristband. All the main acts play in different venues throughtout the resort there are aound 4 or 5 each night. If you done have wristband then you wont enjoy it. We book direct and stay in the strass hotel its full of Snowbomber and the atmosphere is brilliant. Its our favourite festival of the year
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy