Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fitting salomon smartrac to my flat furys some smartrac measurements required if possible?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want to fit smarttrac bindings to my furys

No dealer i have asked has the smarttrac template /jig so looks like i am going to have to do it by hand Laughing which is not really a problem, just find centre line, use rails as the template and measure lots and lots.....

should have measured all of this in the shop I was in last week, but didn't......and there are no ski shops here....

bits of info i need are, distance of the gap between the two front and rear "rails" in the centre where they clip together its right next to the centre line.

The outermost half moon washers (one near front, one near rear of the plastic track) i assume sit in the centre of their holes with equal space front and rear?

Thanks for any help or pictures? send me a pm and i can send my email address.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go to www.salomoncertification.com and download the 10/11 shop manual. It has all the instructions. Try Epic ski and Teton Gravity Research for info and TGR in particular for binding templates.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
colinstone, Thanks but TGR don't have this template, and the manual just has use the jig, which i would if i could so to speak! May try a post on epic to see. Posting on TGR is not wise........ Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gap in centre problem is fixed,

just need to know where the two half moon metal washers sit in the rail (the outer screws go through them)

so anyone got a good reference to a photo on the web of the rail,(i can't find one and the manual is not much use either) or could take a photo of the smartrac rail on a ski and send it to me? fred at rhbracing dot com

Thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carroz, When you get it sorted would you be kind enough to post back with pics, I for one would be interested as i may do something simmilar with my smarttracks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kevindonkleywood, I will try, but not feeling that brave at the moment so will be doing some trial fittings on an old ski. Then may get a template together. So this may be a while as i don't want to ruin my skis by drilling in the wrong place......

The complication is that the plates are cambered, and don't sit flat on the ski.........

Thank you very much to gsb for the measurements
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy