Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some info on Bardoneccia please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Posted this on Resort Reviews and Trip Reports, but thought I'd try here as well.

Looking for a cheap last minute break for us and our 3 year old (will turn 4 on day we return). We are swaying between Pila and Bardoneccia. Been to Pila as a couple already and loved it. Our main holiday this year was to Morzine with some friends. It was our sons 1st ski holiday and the downsides we found were : we had a bit of a walk each morning to his Piou Piou club, we hadn't been to the area before so didn't know the mountain. As it is so huge and we didn't know it at all, we were afraid to venture too far in the mornings incase we didn't make it back in time to pick him up. So our deduction from this, is in future to either go to a small resort / ski area or one that we know well.

So this along with a cheap price leads us to some options in Pila and Bardoneccia. Pila is in the Etoile de Neige hotel which I know will be fine for us to get to the slopes, but still unsure where sons ski school will be and the logistics of getting him to them each morning. He passed Piou Piou and could move onto Ourson which I believe are still in the snowgarden in France, so I am assuming the same type of lesson in Italy. Anyone know where he will have his lessons in Pila and how we get him to them (how easy?)

The Bardoneccia holiday is in the Rive Campo Smith Apartments which I see are on the slopes, but that is about all I know, so any help appreciated here.

The Pila holiday is half board, and we were really hoping for an apartment, as easier to put wee one to bed in the evening and still be able to sit up with a few beers, but it does look a nice hotel, good reviews on the hotel & food (stayed in Pila 2000 before and ended up eating out every night!). The other plus side of an apartment is that the half board option is £400 more than the apartment, (in total for the 3 of us) and if we have lunch on the mountain, we're not really bothered about a large meal at night and the wee one tends to not eat much on holiday for some reason. The main draw to Pila is that we've been before, love it and know it is small so no worries about not getting back for end of his lesson, but if Bardoneccia is quite a small area then it should be fine, would just like some more info.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stayed at campo smith two years ago. last minute/panic booking we knew nothing before going but really enjoyed it. no problems at all with logistics of getting gear sorted and ski school meetings, dead straightforward - meeting place at the back of the building/bottom of ski area. there are few good eateries short walks away, the shopping area seemed like a bit of a trek but, fine. Ski area was good for me Smile Swimming pool across the road. Mmmm, good times.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply.

Decisions decisions!

Other half now also found some good deals in Val Thorens, La Plagne and Flaine, been to VT before but only for a short break so don't know it well, it'll be more expensive there as well, but the deal was very cheap....

Don't know Flaine or La Plagne at all, although did look into LP before as it looks good for family holidays.

Quite keen on Bardoneccia, be good to try a diff resort as we have friends with kids who usually go skiing with us, just can't manage this year, so it'll be good to find a good resort for us all.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy