Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lack of half term nutters

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we have a big group that goes to the 3V's every half term and we all noticed a lack of out of control skiers and very very few boarders on piste. Felt really safe for a change

one theory was that there are a whole lot of new snow parks and that the out of control brigade are now in the parks and not on the pistes. Any one notice any changes this year?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, I think they were all in Serre Che in January. Seemed to be a lot of young French and Italians, many snowblading, and nearly all in dire need of instruction, quite a few were out of control and 'buzzing' others. They all fell over so much it was easy to ski out of their reach though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells,
And then they were in Les Arcs for 1/2 term. It was so bad we had to decamp to St Foy for a day or two... wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
think the out of control french and italians have been bardonecchia, half term was quie quiet as has been the rest of the season but the huge amount of appartments here seems to attract lost of schools and college groups. The worst week was a massive group of frenh students who thought skiing fast and in a straight line was correct!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Piste design is a contributory factor to accidents as well as poor slope etiquette. Serre Che has some obvious bottlenecks which Helen knows about and with so many skiers traversing at high speeds accidents are bound to happen. When I was there recently I decided to spend most of the time off the piste as skier behaviour this year appeared to be quite aggressive; more so than usual.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nothing to do with the piste design in bardi just bad skiers not having lessons and thinking its fun to ski down a piste in a straight line and stoopin anyway they can at the bottom
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevin mcclean, I did notice that the obvious bottlenecks and accident blackspots are being more clearly marked now. Orange netting in such predominance on the bottom section of AYA (where hubby got hit and broke his neck) that it is now impossible not to slow down. It is strategically placed to make you turn and control your speed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My goodness, hope your husband is now ok Helen-that is shocking. Yes, I agree there is more of the orange netting. I'm just wondering whether the installation of the vallons for cucumelle has helped matters a bit now? Although the relative tranquility of cucumelle has now gone......
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevin mcclean, it was a couple of years ago now, just before New Year, he's OK now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hells Bells wrote:
kevin mcclean, it was a couple of years ago now, just before New Year, he's OK now.

.. he was in the first place ! wink Shocked .... didnt think he was much beter either! wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agenterre, hmm, perhaps your right. He's crocked right now in fact,with a bad back, and we're off to Monetier on Thursday.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, I think all the out-of-control Brits held over and were in 3V this week ... not that I improved the ratio Toofy Grin Lovely & quiet but.... some nutters about.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells wrote:
Agenterre, hmm, perhaps your right. He's crocked right now in fact,with a bad back, and we're off to Monetier on Thursday.

... Enjoy ... last week's snow definitely pepped things up. Cold & Sunny all week ... ???
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agenterre, could be, although there's some snow on the long term forecast for the end of the week, which should perk things up for week 2.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy