Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Braveheart Alert...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Braveheart Chair in Coire Dubh at Nevis Range is scheduled to run this weekend providing weather and snow conditions remain favourable. There's been fantastic spring snow in the Back Corries the past few days, but there is no easy way out to the front of the mountain. So the Braveheart Chair will make it well worth dropping in and lapping the chair for a while. Please beaware though that exiting Coire Dubh requires walking and the Back Corries will remain off-piste and unpatrolled, officially at Status "Not Patrolled - At Own Risk". Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ohh, my favourite scottish lift Smile

do they really keep it unpatrolled when Braveheart is spinning???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeeeehaaaaaah!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good news, however ....

1. will they actualy run it, there's been a bit of a track record recently of the lift being scheduled to open but not opening when the day comes.

2. how can they run the lift but post the area as "Not Patrolled - At Own Risk"? Surely opening the chair is encouraging more people to drop in and they therefore have some respnsibility for their safety?

Apart from that though good news and if it does open have fun! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, that'll be a decision about where to head 2moro made I guess Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice.
Perhaps the "off-piste is more because there is no full ski-out? I can't imagine they would open unless they felt the back bowl was safe.
(For those who don't know the place - Braveheart doesn't go back to the top of the ridge. You have to do a long traverse-out to get back to the bottom of the other lifts - on the front face of the ridge - and thence access back to the top.)

Please do some snow dances for us for a dump on the 24th/25th. And sun after that.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 4-03-11 17:44; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roga, only if my better half agrees. she's early intermediate standard so i'll need to go where there's skiing for her.

I'll do my best to convince her that she'll be find cornice bashing to find a way into the back of Nevis* Very Happy

*for any worried do-gooders [joke]
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
not patrolled in this case is likely a bit of a misnomer, with the hope of perhaps limiting the numbers in there as folk who they might likely need to go in after might not go in in the first place if they view these warnings. They will have assessed it as safe to open, and if something happens, they'll go in, for sure, but they might not come in after you if you just bumslide down the entry and just dont dont fancy it once you're in there or the long slog out Laughing . With the crowds expected elsewhere for the comps and races, might be a good plan though despite the walk out
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fingers corres they continue to run it over the next couple of weeks, won't make it this weekend but next weekend is a possibility...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Freeeeeedommm!!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Braveheart is open.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy