Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never skiied any later than mid March before. May have an opportunity to skip off 14-17 April this year.

I know it's an open ended question but is there still a chance of good conditions so late or will it all be heavy slush by 11am every day?

Would probably look at flights to Geneva and a suitable area within striking distance from there.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends where you go, but yes it is later in the season and could get warm and slushy low down. There is every chance of good conditions high up though, and nost major resorts would expect to be open then, and the high altitude resorts tend to stay open until early May (they shut for lack of punters rather than lack of snow).

From Geneva there are a lot of options for pretty high skiing, e.g. Flaine is very close, Chamonix (Les Grands Montets in particular) should be fine. I'd avoid the lower resorts (E.g. La Clusaz, St Gervais) unless you book at the last minute - they could be OK but since the snow cover is thinner than normal they are a bit risky. Further afeild Verbier should be OK, and the big French resorts in the Tarentaise will be a safe bet (Val d'Isere, Tignes, 3 Valleys, Les Arcs etc etc).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've had loads of great snow conditions mid April, so would say go for it. Also this year you could take the view that the Alps must be due a big dump at some point, and that could well be in April. I will be at alert 5 for a sneaky weekend trip if that happens Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi. I like this forum. The topics are great:D
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any suggestions for Italy in early April? Due to a family illness we've not skied yet this year but may be able to find a slot after the end of March. Livingno is one possibility , any others?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Clive wrote:
Any suggestions for Italy in early April? Due to a family illness we've not skied yet this year but may be able to find a slot after the end of March. Livingno is one possibility , any others?

Not skied Italy in April, but maybe the Monterosa area would be a good bet?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Italy Early April must be my local resort....http://www.monterosa-ski.com/en/. Fantastic skiing until MId May, choose from Villages of Alagna, Gressoney or Champoluc. Freeriding from a lift served 3400m! Cheap Easyjet to Milan Malpensa too. Just don't tell anyone please.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Clive, got to be Cervinia for gauranteed coverage, but when the sun shines the pistes will soften. It's OK - just different
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've done trips in mid-April for the last 2 or 3 years (mainly to Avoriaz/Portes du Soleil) and I reckon it's a fab time of year to ski. The last two times we've had big dumps of snow too, which was a bonus.

In fact, I'm heading out again this year for the last weekend of the season in the PdS.

You'e got to accept soft-snow/slush on many of the slopes towards the end of the day - but that's all part of the fun isn't it?

Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
abj, quite - you get ice, prefect powder and slush - sometimes on the same run Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
red 27 wrote:
abj, quite - you get ice, prefect powder and slush - sometimes on the same run Smile

Yeah me too, i was in the PDS 2 years ago in April and we had a massive dump. Came out of a wee eatin place (that i cant remember where despite asking the question on this forum. Got lots of advice and still missed it in Jan Puzzled ) and had a fantastic afternoon. I am a little bias though cause i do like the PDS.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski Tyke,

Not April but a bit of powder in Tignes at the beginning of May 2007 Very Happy

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy