Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

27th Mar Tignes Late deal

Poster: A snowHead
admin, do you have exclusive use of whichever hotel/chalet this is? Would hate to imagine what'd happen if a SH group were to share with a bunch of schoolkids for example

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 7-03-11 21:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No Sideshow_Bob, of course there will be no school parties there.
The hotel has 35 rooms and another adult group of 30 people will be there from Thursday night.
Up until then the place should be entirely ours just as we had in Alpe d'Huez in Jan.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Schuss in Boots wrote:
harrisontherabbit, Nooooooooooo Shocked Shocked

I know! That's what I said!

Still some hope. Will know more after I get back from Serre Chevalier......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's me booked and paid, now all I've got to do is wait for the S**t to hit the fan.
Oh well such is life Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin, cool, just checking as I've seen similar places in Tignes with warnings that they're also 'advertised to schools'. Apols if my post came across as arsey, only wanted to make sure as we could be interested in coming along and playing in the snow with you.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 7-03-11 21:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
harrisontherabbit, I would say Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but ever the optimist, I'm just going to ignore your last two posts.. wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
grinningsoul, and I have now paid. Woo hoo. really cant wait. Desperate for snow.... snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
... we could be interested in coming along and playing in the snow with you.

Nice one Very Happy Very Happy Now... ditch the 'could be interested in' and replace it with 'definately'. Tell the Batty one that I said she had better get her backside sorted and onto a plane since she stood us all up in Feb. wink Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone else flying in with easyjet from Bristol ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm flying Bristol-Grenoble, booked my flights five minutes ago. Approx £125. See you in the departure lounge Very Happy
I haven't booked Ben's Bus yet, that can wait until tomorrow.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi. I am a bit new around here and an itsy bit flummoxed that everyone is just a name. I would really like to join you guys but the dates are slightly wrong for me as I intended to ski (wel board) the week before. Admin - I am also a little lost re: lack of detail on this offer! Happy to share - female / female. Is that how it will be (or does amusing mean you might start matchmaking?!) Can get flight in to Grenoble - lands 10:05 (no problem) but would really like to return home Saturday evening flight departure 20:35hrs. Any idea how I could make transfer (alone) on the Saturday please? And approx cost?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Welcome to snowHeads lgtramp snowHead

There are some private transfer services.
Bens Bus goes to Grenoble. Although it may be cheaper to get it to Geneva.
http://www.bensbus.co.uk/

Alternatively, Bourg Saint Maurice Station is a local bus ride away (about 45mins-1hr).
Trains to Grenoble cost 21€ and take 2-3 hrs. A local bus runs between the station and the Airport.

Don't worry, I'll room U with a girl - hopefully an amusing one Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also, I just noticed a BSM-London Eurostar ticket on that day (2nd Apr) for sale in the Buy/sell forum http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=74864
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK Thanks Admin - doesn't look too viable to go back Saturday. I didn't realise the transfer was that long! If you will be back at airport for 10.00 am on Sunday 3rd does this mean we leave the hotel at 6.00 a.m. (I am working on getting my Sunday commitment covered!) I am assuming that you have a return bus available? (As Duke says 'haven't booked Ben's Bus yet' - sorry to be thick but do we have to book the bus or are you doing so?)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have arranged a bus with the hotel operator. It's cheaper than any other option (that I've found) because they can cover some of the cost via guests travelling in the opposite direction.
Once we know how many people are going (possibly as late as a day or 2 before we go), I'll invite payment for it as I'll pay them in one go.

Yes, 6AM sounds about right for the return day, maybe 5:30 Wink

The people booking Ben's Bus are those taking flights that get in too late for the outbound transfer.
snow report
admin, I guess the return bus will be too late for the 10.50am Luton EJ flight?
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, no, that's fine.
That flight's a pretty popular choice so I think we'll be leaving Tignes by 6AM Shocked
latest report
Reading lgtramp’s posts made me realise that in my excitement to sign up I haven’t really asked any questions about the logistics. Blush

These seem to have been answered now so all good, however I have two more.

The in house hire – does this include a board or is it just a ski's option Puzzled

what is the cost for a lift pass? - my apologies if this has been covered Confused

cheers
snow conditions
admin wrote:
Sideshow_Bob, no, that's fine.
That flight's a pretty popular choice so I think we'll be leaving Tignes by 6AM Shocked

I'll make a special effort to get up early and wave you all off - and then go back to bed. Smile
snow report
Duke, That's awfully sweet of you.. but why not save yourself a bit of effort - just stay in your pyjamas and yell abuse out of your room window.. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, I have to bring pyjamas Puzzled
snow report
Duke wrote:
Schuss in Boots, I have to bring pyjamas Puzzled
No, not really: Schuss in Boots is quite used to naked abuse.
snow conditions
Cozee T, that is for skis (or skis and boots). I think boards have to be hired in so cost a little more: £68

6 day lift pass rates are 190€ for Tignes only, 222.5€ for the whole of Espace Killy.
I have a tiny discount on those at 188€ or 220€.

I'll add them to the top post as options.
ski holidays
admin, Laughing Laughing I do so hope that comment gets taken the right way... Twisted Evil
latest report
admin, how long does it take for a bank transfer to be confirmed? (2hr transfer made last night)

I was hoping to see my name on the 'confirmed' list before booking flights.
snow conditions
Mudkicker, if you know you paid, you're safe to buy flights.
My bank only shows me amounts live. It doesn't show me who they came from until the following day so expect confirmation tomorrow Little Angel
ski holidays
Thanks for the reply. I'll get booking!
snow report
admin, what time roughly will we reach the hotel? I'm guessing that we should be able to get in a half day warm-up on sunday.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Now... ditch the 'could be interested in' and replace it with 'definately'. Tell the Batty one that I said she had better get her backside sorted and onto a plane since she stood us all up in Feb. wink Laughing

Have done so, flights booked and we're both coming Smile Probably both coming along to play at the EoSB too Toofy Grin Four weeks skiing a season makes me a happy boy, even if it does mean putting up with you lot for two of them.
latest report
Sideshow_Bob, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I love a man that does as he's told.. Toofy Grin Yayyyy though.. on both counts. And NehNeh for the last one.

Right, I think that's covered it. Laughing
latest report
Gainz, not sure about that...I've only been to Tignes from Geneva before, which took around 3-3.5 hours (although may be quicker this time given that we are travelling on Sunday rather than main transfer day). I think Grenoble is a little further so might be fairly latish by the time we get there. Not sure how much half day passes work out at.

Schuss in Boots, looking forward to it. I'll bring a can of sweetcorn wink

We've tried to play the confusing easyjet baggage system to our advantage this time giving more weight allowance. So hopefully this time won't need to 'support' the end of the ski bags when they get weighed.

Looks to have snow forecast for Tignes in next week. Its a first for me this season to have snow forecast at the ski resort I'm going to!
ski holidays
Booking this trip has made it an expensive day - aside from flights/holiday/liftpass remembered that;
a) one pair of ski socks is unacceptable for a week's skiing
b) plastic shovels are useless.

Unfortunately I've now remembered
c) I should really invest in a back protector
d) It would be nice to have a smaller backpack, to limit complaining
snow report
Batman_123, You still have a pair of ski socks? Gosh I am impressed.. I expected two odd ones at the very least. wink
latest report
Schuss in Boots, I *probably* have two pairs. I definitely have a spare one, the question is where its other half is. Which come to think of it, is likely be in one of the drawers in which I have put all the clothes I don't want to throw out but don't ever wear anyway.
snow report
Hi admin, had a boss eyed moment and clicked the wrong lift pass! need an all area instead can i change it as i cannot cancell from this end.
snow report
Batman_123, dear Batman, DO get a grip. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
[bHi admin, had a boss eyed moment and clicked the wrong lift pass! need an all area instead can i change it as i cannot cancell from this end. ]admin[/b],
ski holidays
Batman_123 wrote:
Schuss in Boots, I *probably* have two pairs. I definitely have a spare one, the question is where its other half is. Which come to think of it, is likely be in one of the drawers in which I have put all the clothes I don't want to throw out but don't ever wear anyway.

I hope it wasn't in one of those, I threw everything in those drawers out ages ago Wink
snow conditions
I'm coming! All paid.
snow report
btw. I should have said.
The lift passes are charged in Euros. You are welcome to pay me in Euros in resort although I'm kinda hoping not everybody does as I'll have a lot of Euros to look after Shocked

If you want to pay before we go, click the "Convert this amount to Sterling" link on your snowAccount and pay by the normal methods.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy