Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

27th Mar Tignes Late deal

Poster: A snowHead
Schuss in Boots, Thanks, I've been a lurker up till now.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stoatsbrother wrote:
You are all rotten selfish people going on holiday when I have finished my skiing for the season... Evil or Very Mad
Gosh, why so soon? It's three months before my last trip of the winter, hardly feels like I've reached the half-way point.

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi all,

Seriously considering this one as haven't had a snow fix for a couple of years. Hoping to join you in Tignes. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I need to add a +1 to the above.
Hopefully will know for sure by Monday..... If that's not too late.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin wrote:
No it's not Club Med (close but no cigar Stewart Woodward)

I know at the price it's not Club Med but i think the hotel is not too far away wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
OK - the return transfer is scheduled to be in Grenoble by 10AM so you're safe to book flights out after that.

We have some power of discretion over it though so if there's a flight going out at 9:55 that lots of people need/want to get, we'll just all have to leave a little earlier Confused

As you get your travel details sorted out, please enter them on this list to make it easier for everyone to hook up.
Travel Details List

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 7-03-11 20:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother wrote:
You are all rotten selfish people going on holiday when I have finished my skiing for the season... Evil or Very Mad

Just felt I had to say that really... It's hard work on Boredsurfin being the bash grouch by himself. wink
Stoaty... if you're finding it so hard to stretch to, what if we let you come for half the week?

Just an idea ATM Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I just had a quick look and times for EasyJet (they have a sale on until midnight Tuesday) were

27th Gatwick Grenoble dep07:05-arr09:40
3rd Grenoble Gatwick dep14:55-arr15:25

27th Luton Grenoble dep07:25-arr10:05
3rd Grenoble Luton dep10:50-arr11:30

27th Stansted Grenoble dep07:15-arr09:55
3rd Grenoble Stansted dep10:35-arr11:15

Bristol doesn't work as the flight out doesn't get in till 14:40. Shame as it's my local airport.
Birmingham doesn't work as the flight out doesn't get in till 14:20.

So Gatwick fits in with the transfer times, but Luton and Stansted would need a very early exit from Tignes on the 3rd.
I'd be happy with Gatwick.

Has anyone found any alternatives?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Duke, Nice one - good effort. Thanks. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin, I can't find the "Can I come to the Sneaky Cheap week in Tignes please" button. It looks to me like your first post is being encoded and is rendering as text rather than HTML markup. I've tried firefox, chrome, and IE.

UPDATE - found it. It only shows as a button if you are not logged in. Once logged in it shows as text.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 5-03-11 16:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Birmingham to Grenoble is £37.28 return inc tax`s, £ 94.28 with ski`s and a case. Easyjet.

Sun 27 th 11.40 - 14.20 return Sun 3rd 10.15 - 11.00.
Bens Bus is £ 79.00 return ,. may be more for a Sunday, plus £5.00 each way.

The January trip was great fun as Graham had ordered the new snow ! will he be putting in an order for this week in Tignes ?

Ian .
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is there any chance that you can organise a later transfer with your people as there will be no skiing on the Sunday , about 3.30 would be great.
Ian
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Awent, I'm guessing that it won't be possible to change the transfer times for the bus. Looking at the return trip, it looks to me like it's the same bus. i.e. from Tignes to Grenoble - wait an hour - reload and return. Suspect there will be issues with driver's hours that need to be considered too.

If Ben's Bus works out better for you, it might be worth you doing that. You can just text your order through to us at the bar when you get close enough... wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ben's bus makes things easier for me and would let me fly from Bristol. I need to check things out at work, but I should be in a position to commit or abandon on Wednesday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Duke, Let's hope it's the former then... Very Happy
latest report
Hells Bells wrote:
Basil Short_trousers, Laughing Laughing not unless they are giving away the accommodation for free.

Sorry, I was in such an excited state that my brain went into blind-optimism mode... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Oh dear , damned admin, and his weekly email...... If I can change the week off from the one before, and get a pass from hubby I'll be there.....

Duke, I'll be after the Bristol and Bens Bus option too......

Schuss in Boots, We may get to meet this season after all.....
snow report
jennycook, Fantastic news Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Get to it girl... and don't take no for an answer... wink
latest report
linds, I haven't been ignoring u, I just had to find some stuff out for u.
I'm sure we could find someone to go to bed with you at 9:30 but if u tell the world that you're a miserable old fart-pixie it might prove more difficult to find a volunteer.
You can have solo occupancy for £145.
I can get just a couple of euros off the lift pass at the moment but I'll make some enquiries to see if that can be bettered.
snow report
Hi there admin, all booked and ready to roll! Any news on lift pass prices yet? Very Happy
ski holidays
The other two have not come back to me yet just waiting to hear!
ski holidays
admin wrote:

I'm sure we could find someone to go to bed with you at 9:30 but if u tell the world that you're a miserable old fart-pixie it might prove more difficult to find a volunteer.

So you are pimping now Shocked Laughing
I do have a reputation to maintain Little Angel Us little people need more rest cos our legs have to work quicker to keep up with the tall people, did I mention the dementia thats now crept in? I keep forgetting I have booked a skiing holiday and go an book another one Shocked 3 so far this season do I make it 4 rolling eyes
ski holidays
Linds, Yes, you do. Four is a nice, neat, even number. Little Angel
snow conditions
I heard that Chambery often closes due to bad weather. How true is this or is it like any other airport?

Also, any more info on the hotel?
snow report
Gainz, Chambery suffers from fog issues. I've heard that it has more fog than others... doesn't have the right kind of landing system.. the pilots are wimps ('you vill notice dat ze french pilots can land OK.. pfft')... take your pick of the excuses. I've used it several times and it's a very convenient airport. I've been delayed twice, once for a few hours and once overnight, other times it's been no problem at all. It's all down to luck at the end of the day. How do your lottery picks normally pan out? wink
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, Gainz, it was really foggy when I flew back from Chambery in December, but the flight still went without any delay. Confused
ski holidays
Hurtle, French pilot then... Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
So looking forward to meeting up and skiing with you all - getting very Ski itchy feet already!!!!! Sounds like there are several coming from the West Country - Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
. How do your lottery picks normally pan out? wink

I don't play lotto anymore Sad

I think we're nearly there now. My last question is as you're obviously all skiers, will 2 snowboarders cramp your style?
snow conditions
Gainz, we're an equal opportunities group and believe every snow-head is special: even snowBoarders.

(There is always a mix of disciplines, ages, abilities and attitudes to bedtime Wink)
latest report
Gainz, No, it's ok... we've cordoned off a small part of the bar for you guys. Just as long as you don't cross the taped line you'll be fine to come along. Toofy Grin Besides, it'll be nice for HasAnyoneSeenTheRabbit to have someone to talk to over there. wink
snow conditions
.... or you could just go with admin's reply... Laughing
snow conditions
sorry I meant will you cramp our style? wink
latest report
Gainz, I can only speak for myself, obviously, but yes... you can assume that's a given... wink Laughing
ski holidays
Gainz wrote:
you're obviously all skiers

Shocked

I've never been so insulted in all my life..... rolling eyes

Although, written small in the hope that it makes it less true, I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to make it after all.....
ski holidays
harrisontherabbit, Nooooooooooo Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
wooooohooo!!!

last minute snow trip!!!
thought i was not going in 2011 but how things change Smile

cant wait snowHead
snow conditions
Tignes....

Yeah baby!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 8-03-11 23:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
WOOHOO.. Yes!! We Can Go....

admin, How do I add 2 people (myself and OH) and 1 person hiring kit (OH)? and then Pay for it... Like... Now.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
quadwould, you each need a snowHeads ID so get the OH signed up... Like... Now... snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Click the buttons for the trip from each then if you want to do it all in one payment, transfer the debt of one to the other (you'll see a "this snowHeads will pay this for me" option on the payments page)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy