Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Usa / Canada resort with childcare for 1 year old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The wife and I want to go sking for around 11-14 days next year in a USA/CANADA resort which has good childcare for our 1 year old. we were looking at going back to Whistler but Whistler kids only take children 18 months plus. Does anyone have experience recommendations for such a trip Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TOOTIE, lake louise. Great daycare from 18 days old I think. Our kids loved it when they were young.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will second LL. We were there last March and our 4 month old and 3 year old both had a great time. Great staff and a nice place at the base area.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have had a look at lake louise but was hopig not to have to bus around to the different skiing areas
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TOOTIE, if you don't need night life, stay in Lake Louise at the lake louise inn or Post hotel. 5 minutes to the hill on a direct bus. If you have a child that age you will not want to be going to any other hills in any case. Believe me - been there. Or you could hire a car and use that to do the transfers and get about.

The other outfit we have used is Jackson Hole which goes from 6 months and above. although we have only used the kids ski school from age 4 onwards.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm afraid I don't know the detail of daycare for kids, but I went to Kimberley last month and from a general resort perspective it was almost all families. In fact for that reason I personally wouldn't return there, though the skiing was excellent. Might be worth checking Kimberley out for you though. Horrible transfer from Calgary though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Loads of canadain resorts don't cater to daycare kids less than 18 months as the rules governing daycares at young age are failry onerous.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Take a Travelling Nanny? We have only ever been to France skiing (too wimpy to do long haul!) so can't recommend a resort I'm afraid.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've looked after <18month kids in the Fernie daycare, but I don't think they can accept <18months to be looked after with the other kids. I'm 99% sure they can accommodate them - might cost a little more though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When our little one was much smaller (11 months), we hired a nanny in Whistler for the few days we were both out skiing. As mentioned by gryphea, childcare rules and salaries make under 18 months tricky to find in the conventional daycare sense. The nanny we had was good. She came round a few days before to spend some time with us to make sure everything was good from both sides. It wasn't outrageously expensive either.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We decided to go to Europe. far easier to get childcare at a reasonable price and at the resorts we wanted to attend!!! Back to Canada next year when little one will be old enough for whistler kids
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Isn't Smugglers Notch the top resort for kids in the States? I would have thought one of the Tahoe resorts like Northstar would have had good childcare as well.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TOOTIE, When you go back to Canada, you should consider Big White too. The kids centre there has a great reputation and it's all ski-in/out accommodation. Min age is 18 months.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy